GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

Yeah Haley is the 10% of bettors thinking the Rep nominee will be somewhat even slightly sane. I mean if you think the Rep nominee will be slightly sane, Haley is the betting choice. But lol at that.

Don’t know if ponied butt:

On March 2, as Seminole County sheriff’s deputies tried to arrest him for violating bond conditions, Greenberg “made suicidal comments,” threatened use of firearms, and said he had “improvised explosive devices,” according to a March 3 incident report.

Greenberg stated “at various times that he would take pills… Joel also stated he had hidden several items in his anal cavity,” the report said.

During negotiations with deputies, Greenberg “opened the front door of the residence, and threw a bag full of medication out into the driveway, before retreating back into the residence and closing the door,” according to the report filed by Seminole County Deputy Jerome Grunat.

Greenberg emerged from the home “after several hours of negotiation,” the report said. Because of his suicidal threats, deputies took him to the emergency room, then to Seminole County’s John E. Polk Correctional Facility

1 Like

DeSantis is going to be their guy.

He threads the needle pretty well, both animating racist morons and occasionally appearing serious enough not to completely alienate normies. He also is smart enough to sometimes do policy that voters actually care about.

1 Like

20 Likes

I’m not totally convinced that DeSantis will be re-elected as Governor in 2022. Democrats down here hate him and he should do a good job of mobilizing the Democratic vote. His campaign also should provide some insights for his strategy in 2024 should he run for President.

Not gonna hold my breath for that one.

Maybe state politics is different than national, but if they weren’t mobilized to get Trump out, why would they be mobilized to get DeSantis out?

1 Like

That’s just a typical Saturday night for the Gaetz-Greenberg boys!

Oh yeah and I thought this was all about extortion, hay happened with that? Lol.

Hey I was reading that :grin:

You’re probably right but it will be interesting to see how Covid impacts reelection campaigns for governors. In many states they are the face of Covid response and I anticipate lots of “X thousand dead on his watch!” style attack ads.

I think his superpower is that he is the most shameless Trump slurper there is. Pence is better at it, but you can see a hint of shame as he’s doing it (the absolute tiniest amount). DeSantis has poorer technique, but his enthusiasm is unmatched. This will be key if Trump doesn’t run for some reason.

2 Likes

I’m buying Noem and Tuck.

DeSantis gives off too many Jeb! competency vibes.

2 Likes

Noem is hateful and ignorant enough but she isn’t a man.

Not at all surprising. He is going to be tough to beat, too. He has had an insane run of good variance since he has been Governor. He will have “environmental” credentials, he will be able to run on how he handled COVID (I know, I know), and he doesn’t seem prone to gaffes like so many others, including Trump.

I’ll grant that the possibility isn’t zero, but that’s about it.

After the Parkland shooting, people were saying that the youth of Florida would drive turnout in 2018. After felons got the right to vote, people were saying that would drive turnout in 2020.

In 2018, an incumbent Democratic senator lost. In 2020, Trump did better against Biden than he did in 2016 against Hillary.

I give Ohio a similar bunch of shit, but at least they give us Sherrod Brown. Florida seems like it’s been one massive disappointment after another my entire adult life.

5 Likes

My retirement is up 50% in about a year. It’s insane. Granted that is counted from the bottom of the covid dip but still…

1 Like

I always just assumed at least half the ex-felons in FL would be redneck/skinhead types anyway and it’d be a wash at best.

Yea this. Unless you live in Florida, you don’t realize what a boring guy DeSantis is. I can’t see him getting national traction after the deplorable base mainlined Trump for 5 years.

Jeb seems like the nut low in boringness. Surely he’s better than that?

Dude clearly enjoys the attention underage girls.

So you are saying Covid is a good thing? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like