GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

There is a difference between not caring how you look and purposefully looking like a fucking psycho or weirdo. I don’t particularly care how I look so I go into any barber and say yeah just cut a few inches off but still kinda long kthanks.

These guys traveling hundreds of miles or flying people in for VERY specific haircuts aren’t people who don’t care about how they look

1 Like

My read of every last one of these haircuts is that the way they happened was as follows:

Rich guy: I’m really insecure about X hide that.

Barber: Here you go.

Rich guy: This is amazing you can’t even see my horrific feature.

These people are genuinely ugly but live in a world populated with good looking people. They all want to be good looking and smart because there’s a good chance they’re the ugliest/stupidest person in most rooms they are in, and that would give a lot of people a complex.

1 Like

This became prevalent when people realized that they need 10,000 hours of hating to become good at it after Gladwell’s groundbreaking research.

7 Likes

Nah dude with their money they could EASILY be made to look good. All these people need to do is hire some really good stylists and they’d be 10 times better. Also they could have gotten plastic surgery.

Like look at Bezos. Being good looking when you’re filthy rich is incredibly easy if you have decent judgement

3 Likes

I thought that after picture was J.K. Simmons

8 Likes

I think he gives a shit about some of his appearances. IIRC he used a seat cushion to appear taller in the seat lol

1 Like

That’s only true if you hang out with smart people and make them tell you what they really think. The guys with the haircuts are also demonstrating that every single person in their orbit is a simpering suck up who simultaneously hates their boss just a little bit.

Bezos is not a good comparison for any of those other guys. I don’t like Bezos as a person, how he’s earned his money, or almost anything about him as a unique human… but that guy is working at what he’s choosing to work on at a pretty high level. He’s a very very talented operator.

He seems a lot happier in the1998 photo.

2 Likes

I’ve concluded that ugly haircuts don’t do enough to distract from ugly faces.

2 Likes

I mean they got the entire world laughing at them and mocking them, surely they’ve seen some of it.

Also I’m sure they got family and spouses and shit that can tell them they look like shit lol

I wouldn’t be so sure about that, these rich assholes are masters at limiting their exposure to the world so they can feel good about themselves.

1 Like

Yeah it’s really this. When you have a small army of handlers who are trying to avoid you throwing a childish tantrum it’s amazing what you can not find out about.

I don’t think so, I think you’re misreading what he’s saying. He started off saying that people in high-profile positions actually should give a fuck about their appearance, and your counter to that was “meh, some people don’t care.”

like, nobody is disputing that. but his appearance can and does have effects. Maybe he’s willing to live with those, but that doesn’t mean those effects don’t exist.

It’s a power play imo. Guys like Zuckerberg and Gates are saying, look, I’m so powerful I can have this haircut and still tell you what to do. By forcing you to accept that their haircuts are acceptable in society they are demonstrating their power and influence. It’s basically like when Gul Madred tried to get Picard to say that there were five lights, except they actually pull it off.

1 Like

The answer if you’re balding is always to shave, grow a beard if you have a weird head, and get jacked. Zuckdawg is 0/3, although I guess he could grow out that awful look.

I’m not going to cut my hair today. This proves I’m not insecure about it, you bastards.

Not intended to be a response to noze specifically.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1380601143701737472

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/04/09/gene-suellentrop-kansas-donut-boy/

1 Like

Wrong way down the highway at only 2x the legal limit, guy can’t handle his drink.

12 Likes

That’s what I was saying earlier, these tech douchebags (and the the people that want to be just like them) like to make a big show out stuff like wearing a t-shirt to a meeting with investors, or getting seated at a fancy restaurant wearing crocs or something. They care a lot about making sure their appearance conveys the message that they have so much money they don’t have to care about their appearance.

It’s the same level of sophistication as claiming “I’m not even angry, I’m laughing!” online.

2 Likes