GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

This is me, note dates.

I had to stay tuned for nearly 6 years, but we got there!

If you want to claim that fascism is right-wing, we can have that argument again. It certainly was in certain European contexts.

IN CERTAIN EUROPEAN CONTEXTS AHAHAHAHA

But in America, at least until recently, the right was committed to Anglo-American definitions of conservatism that are definitionally antithetical to fascism.

No they fucking weren’t. He’s still not willing to concede that only 1% of the right, in his little bubble at National Review, ever gave a shit about any of that stuff. What changed isn’t that people stopped caring, what changed is that they stopped feeling like they needed to pretend to care.

22 Likes

lol

1 Like

Bayes theorem, though.

This is truly amazing. This guy is claiming others are racist and his punishment was too harsh and the system is unfair. You hate to see it.

Black_886133_5462414

1 Like

One of the other 6 mods takes action on it, by rule.

1 Like

18 Likes

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1479176896252239873?s=21

I listened because I doubted she’d say something quite that incoherent. I was wrong.

4 Likes

Yes, of course this can be true.

No, I don’t think Glenn is a true Nazi or whatever. But cmon, he knows who his audience is and he knows how he can build credibility with them. We don’t have to pretend this is unknowable, we can state with reasonably high probability that this picture is probably in the background as a Nazi dogwhistle.

2 Likes

So I just googled Glen Beck Joe Lewis and apparently that isn’t a photograph, it’s a painting that Beck made. This is the first and only Glen Beck clip I’m going to watch:

Cliffs? I can’t watch that shit.

and here I only thought we’d get mockery lul that wasn’t an insurrection stuff and but BLM riots in here today

It’s really not great, admittedly. But the painting is called “The Birth of a Champion”:

So to Beck that moment is about how Lewis lost to an inferior fighter and then realized his mistake in underestimating Schmeling and then pulled himself up by his bootstraps and beat him in the first round two years later. So, lol, he made a fucken painting of it.

That’s the first minute and a half of the video, he then tries to tie that in to how Trump needs to build the wall or something, didn’t really follow it to be honest.

“joe Lewis”

Yeah, he was really interested in that man’s struggle.

6 Likes

God damn it, you fuckers, it’s Joe Louis.

3 Likes

That was my point.

I was typing it out before you posted, then I got in a poker hand.

Never seen them, but Vermont might not be representative.

Could be that he’s functionally illiterate just like me (I made the same mistake even though I’m sure if I was asked is it Lewis or Louis I’d answer Louis 100% of the time if I thought about it for half a second instead of just hammering away at the keyboard). I’ll concede that he could have painted that as a dogwhistle and the Birth of a Champion is just an elaborate troll, which, honestly, you kind of have to respect the effort. Like he did a whole fucken painting!