GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

The new Star Trek shows are explicitly woke as well, it’s absolutely driving the incel nerd Star Trek fans crazy.

1 Like

Star Trek was woke from the start!

13 Likes

Yeah, definitely.

For me it really began when they eliminated the wench auction.

4 Likes

Indeed. In the current climate they are rolling out stuff like transgender aliens. I am all for it, but it really bug some of the loser fans.

I don’t think Discovery has any straight white human males currently.

I don’t watch Star Trek, but I do know that Stacey Abrams was President of United Earth in an episode, an episode in which conservative lawnmowers could be see orbiting in the background.

2 Likes

I didn’t make it that far into the show.

The new show has a super handsome white guy captain though. FINALLY a straight white guy can catch a break!

Also buff Spock is getting some hot Vulcan action.

I’m still pissed that I couldn’t get a background extra role on Black Panther.

1 Like

I’m so old I remember when the Disney Channel would still air the racist bits from Disney shows. And the wench auction from Pirates.

Want to say mid-2000s was when Disney made an active effort to make movies showcasing non-white princesses. People complained about “political correctness” or whatever at the time.

Now that they’ve got Marvel, there’s an additional impetus to add more woke esa.

1 Like

When my wife worked at Disney they were absolutely fanatical about diversity in hiring. The executive’s bonuses were directly connected to hitting diversity goals.

2 Likes

This is increasingly common I think.

1 Like

Although

althoguh

1 Like

Dax was trans before it was cool.

4 Likes

So the PA candidate for governor is openly bragging he will never certify a Dem win in 24

Did they have diversity goals at C level, or just for front line workers?

I don’t recall Dax really being portrayed as trans. Sure, Sisco referred to her (him?) as “old man” but other than that, she was treated as a pretty normal woman, just with previous lives. They could have really pushed the boundary if instead of going into Ezri, Dax was placed into a male and then followed the story line of Julian and Dax getting together (or getting back with Wharf - not sure if there are any LGBTQ Klingons).

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1526940373154660354

Far right lost in Idaho with a few extremists lost their racists to moderates but Idaho far right did get a win

1 Like

i think that ethnicity of jasmine was a minor news item at the time, early 90s maybe? then pocahontas was added to princesses?

but yea in 2000s they went all in with several movies.