GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

I know this was posted somewhere, but it’s not complete without seeing the original

https://twitter.com/peterawolf/status/1522329412267560966?s=20&t=TJKbwtldqQjWP1oWg8zykg

https://twitter.com/the_female_lead/status/1519614901240565761?s=20&t=TJKbwtldqQjWP1oWg8zykg

Also, you can’t really ethically (legally?) imprison a pregnant woman.

Yeah I was home schooled two years. It was a long time ago but back then I’d say it was like 95% evangelicals.

My sister in law was home schooling 7 kids and came to the epiphany a couple years ago (after witnessing abuse and sexual impropriety within her church by its leadership) that she was actually indoctrinated into a cult. They all go to public school now, but the transition has been tough because the children had next to no social skills.

Yeah I had problems with that after only two years.

1 Like

I went to college with a national spelling bee winner who had been entirely home schooled and it was extremely painful to watch.

Home schooled till 5th grade here. It still shows a bit just in not having the same points of references as other people. The social skills were probably helped enormously by being raised by two working grifters though, assuming the social skills you were trying to develop were dark triad shit that helps you survive middle school. The first couple of years were bumpy though.

Why is she sitting on a shelf?

Yes you can.

I have three homeschooled nephews. They are all socially awkward, for sure.

At the point that a fetus has all the rights of personhood, seems unconstitutional to imprison someone for someone else’s crimes?

edit: Collective punishment has determined to violate the Due Process clause of the Constitution, so not sure how imprisoning a pregnant person could be legally justified

2 Likes

Me too. Although I guess I wouldn’t describe it as “extremely painful”. More like really weird.

I was not homeschooled. I was still socially awkward. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why is your normative reference for appropriate sitting places so limited? STOP OPPRESSING HER WITH YOUR PRIVILEGED WORLD VIEW!

1 Like

I went to college with a bunch of St. Louis kids who went to all-male Catholic schools. Also painful to watch them try to interact with the opposite sex. Like watching Charles Barkley’s golf swing. I was afraid it might rub off on me and destroy what little game I had.

1 Like

So the judge in Georgia ruled that MTG can still run for re-election. I consider this a good ruling since the Dems are too useless and cowardly to have charged her with insurrection or sedition and proven anything in court.

It’s a shame five citizens in her district had more guts than the entire Democratic Party, but ultimately if Dems want accountability they should fucking do something to get some.

1 Like

Me too. But there are levels. Plenty of teenagers are garden-variety socially awkward. But every now and then you’ll run into someone who makes that look normal.

Kids had red headed neighborhood friends that were home schooled. They didn’t noticed the difference at young ages but by junior high they started referring to them as “Rod” and “Todd”.