GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

You gotta be pretty bad for me to side with Disney on almost anything, and yet, here we are.

Plus, ya know, what were those women wearing?

Makes you think

Does this mean we donā€™t have to refer to Dr. Meriwether by her preferred pronouns?

1 Like

Im pretty sure his new pronoun should be ā€œDumb cockā€

3 Likes

Debbie indeed deleted her tweet. Was only off by a factor of 5000, so this new number is still really big and scary.

https://twitter.com/RepDLesko/status/1516195043341705221?t=d1IgpL9zlO6ZsYKgNDilHg&s=19

Eta With the different timeframe, it might only be a factor of 1000 error. Apologies, Deb.

https://www.reddit.com/r/medicine/comments/u7whcv/woke_up_to_a_fl_department_of_health_email/

This is why the US has to crack down on undocumented immigrants, there could be a billion of them, maybe 2 billion, who knows?

Potentially 7.6 billion!

1 Like

nobody is doing gender reassignment surgery to children, are they? this is just more CRT bogeyman stuff, right?

Not sure but thatā€™s my understanding. First reply shows how the letter is pure bullshit too

1 Like

Iā€™d probably concentrate my concerns on the banning of puberty blockers.

2 Likes

The guidance also states that, ā€œSocial gender transition should not be a treatment option for children or adolescents.ā€ Iā€™m sure you could argue about what exactly this means, but under most definitions Iā€™ve seen this would preclude treatments that used preferred pronouns, preferred names, and maybe even clothing choices that did not conform to the gender that was assigned at birth.

these go together, without both the bill is nothing and goes nowhere.

the social stuff is what is going to harm kids. denying them this sort of affirmation is absolutely devastating. but you have to get the mob ginned up and the idea that george soros is out there maiming kids is how you do that. thatā€™s what gets normies to sit up and say ā€œthis is too muchā€ even though itā€™s not happening. It is exactly the CRT playbook.

Did they ever poll the patients to see how many visited Disney World?

1 Like

Itā€™s the same as left handed people. Left handed people were super rare until superstition started dying off, then there were a lot more left handed people all of a sudden until it normalized where it was today

4 Likes

The world is more accepting. Itā€™s just that those who arenā€™t are A LOT more vocal and the Trump era empowered the bigoted lawmakers AND the crazies.

4 Likes

I strongly disagree. The reason for the reactionary garbage is that more people coming out. Those reactionaries are loud, but attitudes are absolutely shifting one way generally.

That doesnā€™t even get into the fact that these younger people are very likely to be in groups that are very accepting of their choices.

2 Likes

This definitely seems true. My kids (13 and 15) talk about classmates and friends who are gay, trans, questioning, etc., like itā€™s just matter-of-fact. One of my sonā€™s best friends in school seems to be unsure if they are trans - weā€™ve asked him how he addresses his friend (weā€™ve met the kid once) and he said he doesnā€™t really know, as it changes. He doesnā€™t care - he just calls the kid whatever the kid wants. Hell, heā€™s even had a trans religious school assistant teacher.

8 Likes

26 Likes

Really? You really think this?