GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

Diet Pepsi is my preferred caffeine delivery device

3 Likes

It is the preferred cold caffeine delivery device, for hot caffeine I prefer latte’s or “Hot, sweet milk drink that covers up the ass flavor of coffee.”

Do you fit this? (I do)

This part does.

" TAS2R38Edit

The bitter-taste-receptor gene TAS2R38 has been associated with the ability to taste PROP[12] and PTC,[13] although a causal relationship with the supertaster phenomenon has not been established.[14] Additionally, the T2R38 genotype has been linked to a preference for sweetness in children,[15] avoidance of alcoholic beverages,[12] increased prevalence of colon cancer (because of inadequate vegetable consumption),[16] and avoidance of cigarette smoking.[17]"

I am highly averse to cigarettes or smoking of any time (its why I prefer edibles), and generally dont like alcohol. Luckily, I like my veggies and instead have a massive preference against fruit.

I ate Tums daily for 15 years. Stopped drinking coffee, no more need for Tums. Same thing happened with cold brew, so it’s not just the acidity of normal coffee. Weirdly even caffeine pills seemed to cause problems.

So now I drink a Diet Dr. Pepper in the morning, which has like 20% the caffeine of a large cup of coffee. I still get the same jolt, because my caffeine tolerance has gone way down.

Coffee fucks me up but espresso does not.

I’ll also throw caffeine gum into this discussion of delivery methods. Super convenient.

1 Like

Was gonna mention I have used caffeine gum lately, chew for 10 mins and you’re good

My veggies are pretty limited. Peas corn carrots green beans asparagus mostly. Tomatoes in sauces. Lettuce is ok. But I also can’t do vinegar or yogurt (I can crush up Tums in yogurt to make it less bad). And my spice tolerance is very low.

Do you get a metallic aftertaste with beer?

I used to drink 3 trenta cold brews a day from Starbucks. Now I just chain drink diet mountain dew. Can I just hook up an IV?

1 Like

Caffeine needed ITT

5 Likes

Me too. Unfortunately, my tolerance for cold weather is also down. So more hot drinks → more caffiene → hard time sleeping.

Well if we’re discussing edible caffeine then we need to bring the GOAT candies.

Love me some caffeinated peppermints and chocolate covered espresso beans. I’d keep them in the house, but nfw would I be able to stop eating them until they were gone and I am up at 3am wondering why its hard to go to sleep.

Pro move is to escalate to coffee enemas

8 Likes

Robin Quivers was into that for a couple years and she ended up with a grapefruit-sized tumor in her guts

2 Likes

I believe adderol is meth.

Oof. I am sorry to hear that.

But hear me out. I know this is dog barking at the mailman logic, but how do we know whether the enemas were diminishing or extending her life :eyes:

(apologies for morbid humor, I read that the real story is that she had endometrial cancer)

As for dog logic!

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/BasedMikeLee/status/1717647176694661238

robert E lee statue is dead and some people are MAD about it

3 Likes

If you want a statue you should try winning a war.

8 Likes

15 Likes

As funny as that meme is conceptually… Travelling a lot and always reading 20 pages about the local history of my next destination in lonely planet or similar sources before seeing local sites or monument has held me retain a lot more history knowledge than university lectures and libraries.