GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

Mountain Dew doesn’t have anything naturally in it though.

4 Likes

In the movie World War Z, Brad Pitt accidentally kicks a can of Mountain Dew and we freak out as it noisily rolls away because it might draw zombies. It doesn’t, though. Later, he unloads a soda machine full of Pepsi onto the floor and all the zombies come screaming.

Makes you think.

4 Likes

It’s better than Corner Bakery! (I believe that is their motto)

Dew

1 Like

This whole Panera discussion reminds me of a thread on 22 where, IIRC, someone just brought in his paper Panera cup to Panera every day to get free refills since he didn’t think there was any time limit on the refills and they weren’t limited to a single visit.

Did I just hallucinate that or was it actually a thing?

Dude you can buy caffeine powder online and get like 500g for $US 100. 400mg a day for a month would be what, like $2.40 worth?

I got a Reddit ad the other day for a website that wants you to snort their caffeine powder:

Definitely a thing, confirmed.

Doesn’t sound super sanitary.

At this point can we just legalize cocaine?

We already did, it’s called adderall

Oh I’m certainly not advocating the practice. Just confirming that the conversation happened on 2p2.

1 Like

yeah I take small doses of caffeine (100 mg in the morning and 100 mg around noon) most days instead of messing with coffee/tea/energy drinks. The expense is negligible, probably a little higher than what you wrote since i don’t buy in bulk but no more than $5 per month.

Yeah I’m a caffeine pill guy, just pop one in the morning, no need to drink battery acid just to wake me up. Never did the powder because I’ve heard bad stories of people mistaking it for creatine (which I also take) or something, and accidentally taking a 20x dose and winding up in the ER.

1 Like

I actually like lemonade though. Seems like a great caffeine delivery device.

Although I think I am going to look for caffeine pills. What’s a few more pills a day.

I don’t often drink caffeine but have become a fan of the caffeine Mios. Shot of flavor for water + a little pick-me-up, it’s not bad. Pretty cheap too, on a per drink basis (not nearly as cheap as caffeine powder obv)

Why don’t people just drink coffee, I don’t get it.

6 Likes

Because it tastes like ass

14 Likes

This, same reason I don’t drink alcohol. I think my body just isnt made for brewed drinks. I don’t like tea either

2 Likes

If you enjoy caffeine then fine, but if you’re purely taking it for wakefulness, modafinil is way better and you should be able to get hold of it.