GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

Lol at not knowing Angus King.

2 Likes

JFC that Atlantic article.

Itā€™s true. Iā€™m getting chills reading it. I never thought this would happen but Iā€™ve had the same thoughts as Mitt. kmn

4 Likes

Belongs in the LOL Dems thread. What % of Americans know who he is or could identify him in a police lineup? If he is a top 10% senator they have hid him behind closed doors for the most part.

Angus King is consistently rated as one of the most conservative Senators who caucuses with Democrats.

In the ā€œdining room,ā€ a 98-inch TV went up on the wall and a leather recliner landed in front of it. Romney, who didnā€™t have many real friends in Washington, ate dinner alone there most nights, watching Ted Lasso or Better Call Saul as he leafed through briefing materials. On the day of my first visit, he showed me his freezer, which was full of salmon fillets that had been given to him by Lisa Murkowski, the senator from Alaska. He didnā€™t especially like salmon but found that if he put it on a hamburger bun and smothered it in ketchup, it made for a serviceable meal.

Screenshot 2023-09-13 163512

7 Likes

LOL you guys are talking about this guy???

Looks like an extra from Murder She Wrote. Legit never seen that face in my life.

6 Likes

I know Angus King and or have seen that face before.

• Yes
  • No
  • Third option for smartasses

0 voters

Mitt deserved to get dragged for this. Itā€™s a reprehensible statement. Itā€™s a reprehensible idea. At least Mitt has made other statements that were good. Grading him on the Republican scale is probably too kind, sure, but heā€™s still less bad than other Republicans. The extent to which that matters at all is unclear. Probably not very much.

RIP to a real one

7 Likes

Angus King is nowhere near a top 10% senator by either VORP or straight up metrics.

Angus King is a bottom five Senator by VORP. If Manchin and Sinema formed a third party, King would be the most obvious candidate for a third member.

For Democrats, he very well could be.

Iā€™d have Feinstein and Sinema below him, and thatā€™s all Iā€™m certain about. Maybe some of the Delmarva and NH senators. Maybe.

5 Likes

I believe King is generally ranked to the right of Tom Carper.

Yeah, but Maine is +9 Biden and Delaware is +19 Biden so Iā€™d have Carper worse by VORP.

this is a spectacular article. makes me want to rewatch I, Claudius

iā€™m sure the gop impeachment of biden is why heā€™s letting these out. thatā€™s pretty cool. i like romney now. i like that he used to think a centrist independent candidate could challenge both parties and now he realizes that the republican party is only lunatics. lunatic hillbillies with guns and also lunatic politicians who think being senator is so great itā€™s worth destroying the country to stay a senator for the next term. romney was rich, and then he was a senator, and heā€™s like ā€œbros wtf this is not that great. being rich is great, this shit is a mid private country club. and youā€™re not even famous, you donā€™t even get to be famousā€

4 Likes

Slapping a bun on a salmon filet and dumping ketchup on it

4 Likes

1af

7 Likes

horny-jail-bonk

6 Likes

Really not looking forward to finding out who my next senator will be.

2 Likes