GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

Trump should run for his seat, everyone wins imo.

2 Likes

Mr. Romney had also begun to stir speculation that he was ready to move on from the Senate when he agreed to participate in a biography set to be published next month… Mr. Romney is said to quote his colleagues by name in discussing how Republican lawmakers really view and talk about Mr. Trump in private when the former president is not present.

…The book’s impending release already has his colleagues concerned about their private thoughts and conversations regarding the party’s vengeful presidential front-runner being aired publicly.

6 Likes

One thing that the last decade has made absolutely clear is that Mitt is not, in fact, the worst person we know.

11 Likes

2 Likes

He froze up

14 Likes

Mitt was the sane one…

1 Like

But the gap between Mitt and Trump is still way smaller than the gap between Mitt and Biden.

Just in case any of us get the warm and fuzzies about ol’ Mitt:

“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it – that that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. … These are people who pay no income tax. … [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”

On what dimension?

This looks like it a burn it down move by Mitt, and I’m here for it.
https://x.com/igorbobic/status/1702029561460863195?s=20

5 Likes

1 Like

This is serious two button shit for leftists

It’s not like you’re going to be famous and powerful because you became a United States senator.

Mitt just a bit out of touch.

The size and role of the federal government.

I think it’s hard to measure the distance from anyone to Trump because Trump knows nothing and changes from moment to moment.

1 Like

Yeah. Mitt is a bad guy.

I think it’s also important to make a distinction between the bad guys that we try and beat through our flawed but nonetheless open democratic systems (and who will maintain that system) vs those who are trying to destroy it and put us all in death camps.

2 Likes

At first I thought Angus King was a nickname for Trump until I read past that part lol. Sounds like a Burger King menu item.

7 Likes

The only Republicans I consider not willing to end democracy are the ones who would refuse to nominate a member of the Federalist Society to the judiciary.

Angus King is/ was a top 10% senator.

5 Likes

I, too, didn’t know wtf is Angus King and thought he was talking about the content creator named Amiri King which seemed really off-brand for Mittens.