GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

I just…

Kid attends Two Point Campus

2 Likes

You mean it should’ve been more?

Schools should absolutely NOT be doing this. That is insane. WTF is wrong with this school.

The fact they tried to hide it is pure proof they know it’s wrong too. I think it’s insane to be doing things like this without parent permission

Damn you’re a credulous useful idiot for the fascists. Have you ever clicked through to the Daily Wire?

The fact that they tried to hide Anne Frank is pure proof that they knew it was wrong

2 Likes

“They know it’s wrong” cannot be interpreted in any other way than believing the moral panic conspiracy theories about a cartoon villain Trans Menace™ recruiting scheme

Seems fine:

The school “fostered her identification as a boy, gave her articles on how to conceal her new gender identity from her family, and put her on a ‘Gender Support Plan’ that instructed school staff to refer to her by a male name and male pronouns,” according to the Center for American Liberty, the legal group that represented Konen.

Can’t let parents in on it, because they very clearly wouldn’t support it.

I read through the complaint and the response. Bottom line, Mom is pissed daughter feels non-binary/trans and blames the school. School says daughter was invited to the club by a friend (not the school) and was never instructed to hide anything from anybody. Bottom line, the school paid out and admitted no fault in order to avoid a lengthy trial contested by a group with a ton of money looking to make a spectacle out of something. District was fucked either way, so best to make it go away as quickly as possible.

What if this leads to an epidemic of parents trying to get their children to pretend to be trans so they can scam public schools out of money with fake lawsuits?

What if it doesn’t?

3 Likes

It’s a slippery slope out there.

Then Republicans will have successfully resisted their grifter instincts.

is it satire? I never heard of that site. Guess it is.

Hard to tell the difference these days.

Let’s be real though, that’s what this place wants.

Support for trans youth? Is that debatable??

1 Like

It’s not satire.

It’s Ben Shapiro’s website…

For real. Rockwell paintings are presented as these wholesome snapshots for grass roots America, but 90%+ of the people he was representing in his work would have been virulent racists.

1 Like

Are we covering the impeachment of the Texas AG? This thread seems as good as any

I wikipedia’ed the painting. The local school burned down and he was the lone dissenter to rebuilding it.

1 Like

Just to be clear. The kid got called different pronouns, that the kid wanted… Not only is there nothing to be upset about, we should be supporting the school.

The evidence is very clear. Kids who are able to socially transition in such a manner do much better on measures of mental health, and have lower rates of self harm and suicide. This is the path recommended by doctors.

Trans kids who aren’t supported often due.

Parents don’t have an inalienable right to cause harm to their kids.

And I’m not sure what pronouns the kid prefers now, but pretty sure that article is going out of its way to get it wrong.

10 Likes

The article never mentioned speaking to the child, only getting the mother’s view of things.