GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

I Tecate my body.

Thatā€™s basically it.

In business school, we did the Pepsi Challenge in a marketing class (the professor added RC Cola for fun). Pepsi won easily - and this was at a school named after the former CEO of Coke!

Itā€™s because Pepsi is sweeter. When tasted in the challenge format - a little shot/Dixie cup of soda, no ice, probably not even very cold, the sweeter one tends to taste better to most people. Things change, though, when you have a full glass with ice, get it cold out of a fountain, etc.

RC Cola got trounced.

2 Likes

We have a Nifty Fifties burger place nearby. Really enjoyed the food. But they have their own soda. We tried a few flavors. :-1::-1:

1 Like

Why would you subject yourself to that kind of punishment? Thereā€™s craft brewers now in every town, just grab their stuff.

1 Like

my taste must be badā€¦ i vastly prefer miller lite to bud light/coors lite/other same level alternative. now that my state finally got access to yuengling, i just primarily drink that though if im having a beer.

i also enjoy diet pepsi which i think people hateā€¦ lol

1 Like

Im not a pepsi hater but I really dont understand diet pepsi, and im a diet drinker. It literally tastes like spoiled water to me. Im not entirely convinced that the existence of diet pepsi isnt some elaborate joke against me personally.

1 Like

Because I knew the knowledge would come in handy one day, during a conversation just like this.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s pretty easy for the right wingers to grab a rack of coors light instead of bud light. They taste about the same. Doesnā€™t take much effort on their part to boycott bud light. Just as itā€™s easy for then to shop at Walmart instead of Target.

However, based on my nonscientific observation at Disneyland this year. if the boycott is going to inconvenience them very much, they wonā€™t do it. Someone drop a note if they end up at Disneyland and the crowd is down because of a boycott. Iā€™d like to visit again when it isnā€™t packed with people.

1 Like

Blind tests are fun. Iā€™ve done this with family, and surprise, no one could identify their favorite shit beer.

1 Like

This guy is such an idiot

I dont care what anyone says, fountain coke from McDonalds and Chick Fil A is better than anywhere else

3 Likes

I think on these blind tests people decide which is their favorite and then during tasting pick their favorite. I think this process is flawed and leads to a lot of pour (gotcha) results.

lol ā€œnativeā€ Okies:

Saying he was ā€œCherokee Native Americanā€ and adding: ā€œI think we have experienced a little bit of racism before in my lifeā€, Mullin continued

Good fountain coke is hard to beat. We have some restaurants we frequent that have the right mix.

When I went to a recruitment thing for AFL-CIO, they singled out Coors as the one unacceptable brand for the party at night that was BYOB.

yeah idkā€¦ iā€™ll make it weirder, i generally dont refrigerate it and drink it room tempā€¦

i was a huge mt. dew drinker when i was a young teen in the late 90ā€™s/early 0s, and my dentist told my father to stop buying it and buy diet soda instead if i was going to drink soda, so the only thing in the house was diet pepsi from that point on and i guess i just got used to itā€¦

Froot Loops present a similar challenge:

1 Like

Last year some students at my high school organized a blind test for different kinds of milk (regular, low-fat, organic, lactose-free, soy and oat). As I was supervising a group of students right next to them, I was the first person to try and aced it. They were quiet shocked, but later on told me that out of 150+ people I was the only one to do it. At least now I know my superpower.

10 Likes

For whatever reason Coke Zero from Chipotle is the best.

Coke Zero is the best sugar-free soda. Especially ice cold in a can.

4 Likes