GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1631481044921643013

3 Likes

7 Likes

Standard, imo. Doesnā€™t everyone here think this?

1 Like

Doubt it.

If Trump and DeSantis were your only options, who would you vote for?
  • Trump
  • DeSantis
  • I donā€™t know
  • I wouldnā€™t vote

0 voters

IMO thereā€™s a big enough difference that ā€œI wouldnā€™t voteā€ is not really an acceptable answer unless itā€™s coming from a much larger ā€œdonā€™t voteā€ argument that about 90% of this forum vehemently disagrees with

But thatā€™s why Iā€™ve been asking: Iā€™m hoping people either convince me thereā€™s not the difference I think there is, or comfort me by saying they see the difference I see

1 Like

Part of the difference is the united effort of resistance, and the level of (in)competence, but thatā€™s not all of it. I really think their plans and goals are very different in multiple very important areas.

1 Like

Also Orange man (probably) only has one term left. Ronnie can get two.

If Trump was dictator, my attitude would be he canā€™t get us all. If it was Desantis, I wouldnā€™t be so sure.

2 Likes

I think Trump is a bit more likely to do irreparable long term damage but of course itā€™s hard to say. A DeSantis administration would be worse in the short term.

DeSantis you know what you are likely to get. Which is scary as hell. A second Trump presidency has massive variance.

On a scale on 1-10 DeSantis feels like he could be anywhere from 7-9.5 bad. Trump could be anywhere from 3-10 bad.

There is a chance if Trump gets the presidency again he just doesnā€™t give a fuck and doesnā€™t do shit, he just wanted it for his ego. But there is also a chance is he is 10/10 bad.

1 Like

Iā€™d say that any gap between Trump and DeSantis or between either and someone like Mitt Romney is much smaller than the gap between Romney and Joe Biden.

DeSantis appears to be an ideologue who is devoted to using culture war issues for political gain. The question is whether the culture war stuff is a real priority for him as a true believer or if itā€™s just what he is using as an opportunist to be in position to enact a standard Republican economic agenda of lower taxes and less regulation. Iā€™m not sure it makes much of a difference, though. DeSantis does seem to be more willing to be to the left of the GOP on environmental stuff.

Trump seems to go with his instinct and backfill the reasoning. This leads to changing stories and inconsistencies. His goals involve personal power and prestige, while DeSantis may be more of a partisan who cares mainly about defeating Democrats.

1 Like

How much do you know about Romney

I know that the difference between Supreme Court justices who would be appointed by Biden vs Romney is a much wider gap than the difference between who would be appointed by Romney vs Trump or DeSantis.

1 Like
4 Likes

oh no the Krassensteins are back on twitter?

I donā€™t know where to put this

3 Likes

If thereā€™s a Predicit for infectious diseases, Iā€™m backing the truck up on measles coming back in a big way in 10 years or so.

1 Like

Sorry if already posted.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CheriJacobus/status/1631809471335878660?t=f_nivos6masIuM8p2yP_Qg&s=19

7 Likes