GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

Analysts love adding an unnecessary “the basketball” too. At the end of the day it comes down to rebounding THE BASKETBALL

Well you need to be clear. You don’t want your guys rebounding the opponents shoe or something.

I have to be in the top 0.00001% of the population when measuring political consumption and the most striking thing is I never hear anyone propose a way out of this for the US. Have you heard any reasonable way out of this? Everyone is basically sitting around watching the nation end, diagnosing the issues over and over again and nobody is working on any solutions. I guess because they just don’t exist.

1 Like

All the pundits are upper middle class and none of this will tangibly effect their lifestyle?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Any solution is probably going to be something other than traditional electoral politics.

2 Likes

The Republic was no picnic. It ended when a couple of brothers shit on the norms and got themselves killed because they weren’t sufficiently vicious. Then Augustus came along and showed how it’s done. At least that’s how I remember it. No solutions there.

1 Like

There arent really a ton of good options, probably the best out we have is the reds getting all the power, being fucking terrible at governing and making everyones lives beside the rich worse and then either revolt or a huge pendulum swing.

I can’t think of a plausible way off the path we’re heading down. It’s going to have to be some sort of black swan.

What makes you think we’re going to be the only ones?

Indeed you likely won’t be.

Sell everything you have, and give it to the poor

Right, that’s my point. It was similar in that what the problems were was apparent for ages but the political system was such that nothing could be done about it, and in the end it imploded.

1 Like

None of the solutions are possible due to the extreme corruption of the establishment Democrats. Every time they get power they waste it.

At this point all that’s left is hoping we hit a bunch of one outers to still have a functional democracy after the Boomers die, then maybe there’s a path forward.

I mean let’s say we hit a running straight flush to keep the trifecta and get to like 52 Senate seats, a miracle!

What changes? Absolutely nothing!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/1588370180186714112?s=20&t=K0gYNWMCs0BlN-x12Cqzbg

1 Like

Oh my God imagine being the 10% of Dems who think none of that is happening:

They’ve got to be the dumbest happiest motherfuckers around.

3 Likes

The only thing that won’t happen is a national abortion ban (due to the veto). Maybe inflation won’t drop but probably.

The rest is all a matter of degrees.

Covid cases rising is probably bullshit too. Like what exactly are the policy levers anymore.

Watch out for national bans on vaccination and mask wearing in public. Vaccines are child abuse and terrorists use masks, duh.

1 Like

If Einstein hadn’t told Godel to keep his mouth shut we might have a better idea what our problem is but it’s probably fundamental and any system we construct will be unstable so we just have to buck up when things inevitably go to hell.

1 Like

LOL Crenshaw and all, but

“It was always a lie. The whole thing was always a lie. And it was a lie meant to rile people up,” the Texas Republican said of the lie that Donald Trump was cheated by widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election during the latest episode of his “Hold These Truths” podcast.

:vince1:

But even just the others, they’re like, ‘Yeah, we know that, but we just, you know, people just need their last hurrah. Like, they just need to feel like we fought one last time. Trust me, it’ll be fine.’ And I was like, ‘No, it won’t. That’s not what people believe and that’s not what you’re telling them. And maybe you’re smart enough to know that but like …’ So we have a lot of people in the political world that are just willing to say things they know aren’t true, they know aren’t true. It’s a huge manipulation.

This could be big, if true, that some politicians will lie for personal gain. How do I know he isn’t lying to make himself look better? :thinking: