GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

Ha, I didn’t even notice that bit. Apparently he gave them $75M. According to wiki, they have a reputation of “aggressive” billing.

Ok so a few things, with the caveat of I’m not a neurosurgeon I just call them when I think they have to do something.

Brain surgery here isn’t what you probably think it is. They aren’t going to cut out pieces of brain, find the bleeding, whatever. However, Paul Pelosi is in deep shit especially given his age.

Bleeding around the brain isn’t so dangerous because of the amount of blood. It’s the fact there’s bleeding in a confined space. The pressure from the bleeding damages the brain in several ways, the most devastating one is herniation.

In order to prevent this, you have to provide an outlet for the pressure. What is typically done is a burr hole or a craniotomy. Sounds complex but it isn’t and is one of the easier procedures they do. To do a burr hole, you basically just take a drill and go through the skull. A craniotomy is similar, except you’re taking a chunk of skull away.

The procedure is pretty simple (hey Ben Carson can do it) from what I’ve been told, it’s the downstream effects that are going to be really hard. Especially for someone Paul Pelosi’s age. There’s also the question of how long he was left for dead or whatever by his assailant and how much damage was done before authorities got there.

14 Likes

Yeah, they’re the only trauma center in SF and are in network for no one. They claim it’s because they provide care for a lot of uninsured people so they charge insured more.

1 Like

Half of a poker table this morning confidently agreed this was a false flag. And if it wasnt, he deserved it because of their insider trading. Jessie Smollet was used as evidence this was faked. Pretty sure my tongue is bleeding from having to bite it so hard.

1 Like

Story now updated to NOT BRAIN SURGERY.

Pelosi was taken to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and underwent surgery, but not brain surgery, after Friday’s attack, Nancy Pelosi’s office clarified. Previous reports citing a hospital source said he was undergoing brain surgery.

Fucks sake - hopefully you took all their money. I assume they’re equally as bad at poker.

Also (general thought) - their overall trading results aren’t anything to strive for - but that doesn’t make headlines.

1 Like

Can’t even imagine how good he’ll be at trading stocks if they have to trepan him and his third eye opens

3 Likes

guy was a Tulsi and Jimmy Dore superfan apparently

One of the largest cities in the country only has 1 trauma center? Is that normal?

1. SF isn’t that big of a city really.

2. There’s lots of trauma centers in the rest of the Bay Area.

3. Lots of hospitals in SF too, just only one designated as a trauma center. Not being a trauma center doesn’t mean you can’t handle this kind of stuff either. I don’t know if USCF would transfer this out tbh for example. Being a trauma center does come with a ton of requirements on staffing and more, lots of hospitals just choose not to be, especially because trauma care loses money typically.

Yo did anyone figure out how to get the rainbow text on Discourse yet?

4 Likes

Mr. DePape has espoused extreme right-wing views on social media, including conspiracy theories about Covid-19, according to one of the law-enforcement officials briefed on the investigation.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1586052529204465666?s=20&t=uMS8q1ps4pO6iILc8ADYjQ

We don’t know. Maybe we’ll never know.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1586062241480130560?s=20&t=uMS8q1ps4pO6iILc8ADYjQ

No that’s not right. Someone will come along with the consensus FOX narrative any minute now.

1 Like

Ah yes, a dastardly plan to fake this attack as a pretext in order to do nothing. Villainy!

Hope he didn’t drive after getting hammered this time.

35 Likes

A violent mob tried to lynch Queen Nancy on January 6th, and after narrowly escaping from that, she used her position as one of the most powerful people in the country to…continue shilling for megacorps and doing all of the insider trading despite radicalized zombies still credibly claiming they want to harm her. It’s hard to say which party is actually more delusional here.

2 Likes

7 Likes

@bestof

4 Likes

I was dealing, so I got some of their money. But I have to keep my thoughts mostly to myself cause professionalism and all that. It’s incredibly difficult.

And to your second point, I was told by these geniuses that the Pelosi’s have a better record than Warren Buffet, and every other big name trader in the world. They have made 350 million from insider trading. Do your own research bro.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/miniondeathcult/status/1585647866386993152?t=Z_7HIEabtt-UsAaqASBeAQ&s=19

2 Likes