GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1572559875871506435

They have no explaining to do to anyone. Only the Godless America hating libs think itā€™s a bad idea and Lord knows nobody owes those heathens an explanation.

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that the other day and I think itā€™s a joke.

Conservatives have been posting tons of fake movie posters showing white actors playing black historical figures because apparently thatā€™s the type of shit they find funny I guess.

The original white casting

2 Likes

And i guess they think Little Mermaid is a historical docudrama?

Pretty much

https://twitter.com/thefurlinator/status/1572639331273289728

8 Likes

2000 years from now Ariel or Harry Potter might be the messiah

thatā€™s an insanely stupid argument and I have to think the guyā€™s trolling

2 Likes

Baby Yoda.

1 Like

Sheā€™s not even a Disney creation. Whereā€™s the outrage at how a classic European character was recast as a North American with a significantly different story line?

2 Likes

Honestly I think ~100% of the mermaid discourse is people on Twitter inventing a Guy To Be Mad At and being mad at him.

1 Like

how dare disney change something that disney themselves previously stole and changedā€¦

didnt the ā€œoriginalā€ little mermaid kill herself in the fairy tale?

1 Like

Dude. Spoilers.

8 Likes

How come nobody got mad when Denzel played Macbeth last year?

For added outrage he even had a white wife!

I guess nobody noticed because lol AppleTV+.

1 Like

We should start telling the MAGAs that The Little Mermaid is really about a biracial, trans creature who is looking for a rich guy to pay for her bottom surgery.

12 Likes

Lol, she literally gets bottom surgery in the cartoon from a drag queen? Transvestite?

How does Ursula identify?

my bad. itā€™s only been like 175 years. i should have been betterā€¦

Iā€™m going to be outraged if they use purple actor to play Baby Yoda in a future show instead of a green actor.

1 Like

1 Like