GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

The majority of people in these states would pay out of their own pocket to be able to personally execute these criminals and thugs.

1 Like

I googled this snippet and it figured out the story

1 Like

MUH SMOL GUBBERMINT! MUH RELIGION! BUT MOST OF ALL MUH RACISM!

I think at least some people are ok with it b/c they see it as a way of forcing action. In their minds, the government has been ignoring a serious problem (illegal immigration) for years, so it might be worth spending a little money on this stunt now IF it leads to broader changes that fix what they think is broken in the system. And, if it doesn’t work, oh well, at least they got to own some libs.

3 Likes

what immigration problems does florida have though??? lol it’s not even a border state

(1) Something doesn’t actually have to be a problem to be perceived as a problem

(2) They do get a lot of folks arriving on boats. Mostly Cuba and Haiti, but from other parts of the Carribean too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/09/florida-keys-haitian-immigration/

Why don’t they fly them to Texas via Delaware? Problem solved.

2 Likes

Yeah, if you talk to anyone who lives in north Florida, they call south Florida a different country because it’s full of people from all over central and South America.

https://twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/1572380857268314112?t=cXx_0MzeiQhvqJhp_2qapA&s=19

13 Likes

Wrong thread?

Oops. Deleting.

that seems to be happening a lot more lately. it got me once, and I was confused by it, because I could’ve sworn I was in the correct thread.

I should know better than to do fancy shit on my phone while squinting to focus on tiny text in this light and my contacts still in.

2 Likes

7 million for a helicopter? I’m pretty sure only military ones cost that much

Unless you are laundering money.

ya, that’s what I was getting at. The Republicans are giving money to Putin now?

alwayshavebeenmeme.jpg

2 Likes

Lots of civilian helicopters cost $7m. Modern avionics are super expensive. And there are civilian helicopters with legitimate uses that are essentially the same size and complexity as any military helicopter.

1 Like

Thought it was the other way around