GOP Insanity Containment 2: This is the Place. This is the Time, Cowboy.

I would assume that a lot of vrbos that are underutilIzed on the coming months in a place like MV. Maybe the state can step up and rent some places?

I can’t imagine there would be service jobs to start and any skilled trade persons could be in demand?

It’s such a one off to the much larger problem.

I’m ok with a little inflation if it comes from bottom of the market wage pressure. But me thinks most of the profit in food production ain’t due to the migrant workers or small family farms.

The full time residents of the island actually have some of the lowest incomes in the state and I kinda doubt they would be happy to see competition for the few off-season jobs available.

I’m other words, it’s a rich community.

Kinda surprised that Trump didn’t want to invade Central America last go.

Or just a community.

https://mobile.twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1570782161682464769

1 Like

Nobody on earth needs an ass beating more than Ted Cruz.

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1570825705193340930?s=46&t=GbxPBkZhwzg6rMAgOIrKsg

1 Like

Cruz said they should go to Nantucket
No matter if they plane, bus, or truck it,
With any good luck,
That pervy old fuck
Would just up and kick the bucket

19 Likes

It’s pretty sad, all the lacky, wannabe Republican politicians I know are high-fiving over this like it’s throwing these places in turmoil, but I went and read a couple local news reports and they are just handling it fine.

It’d be so awesome if DeSantis went down for this and couldn’t run in 2024.

One time please?

Right. It’s not, but their whole echo chamber is reporting it so it’s a win. It’s really sad.

It is a win if all you wanna do is punch down at people. Just toying with the lives of immigrants is plenty fun for deplorables. LOL LOOKIT THE STUPID IMMIGRANTS WE OWNED THEM WE OWNED THE STUPID LIBS! They’re just assholes, the cruelty is the point.

1 Like

Oh dear.

4 Likes

Imagine if these people could just get work permit visas because they want to come here to work and then only deport them if they haven’t found a job in 90 days.

Pretty good, but he’s actually not that old. He’s barely 50, so he’s probably going to be a senator for the next quarter century.

Old enough for a heart attack imo

In theory, yes.

But he’s 48 years younger than Kissinger, so…

And only about 10 percent as evil, so there is hope.

I don’t think that’s right. They are more excited about the chaos they are causing in these supposedly liberal, woke cities. It’s just an extension of owning the Libs. That’s partly why it’s so sad to me. They are at the point where they are just pretending how upset the liberals are.

5 Likes