Glenn Greenwald and Friends: Fearless Adversarial Fox News Contributors

Let’s check in with Tucker because I think it’s relevant:

Agitating for a holy war against a marginalized group, cool cool. Now a chad leftist would go on this person’s show and agree with all of their talking points to help promote their Substack. A beta shitlib like me would merely be disgusted and disavow this person, probably because my CIA masters told me to.

3 Likes

GG is not a leftist or pro-trans

Do you think there aren’t tons of disgustingly anti-trans cis gays?

He used to be fairly pro-trans - before his recent transformation.

https://www.salon.com/2022/08/08/what-happened-to-glenn-greenwald-the-former-trans-ally-now-sides-with-right-wing-transphobia/

1 Like

Like why are you feeling like anybody is being called a lib in this discussion

Who are you seeing that is claiming to be “the real leftist”

Do you think Senor identifies as leftist?

This is a very common thing. It is alarming how many gay people have turned against trans people the past few years.

GG is not unique on this or really any of his changes. And it seems to me like people are incorrectly identifying more changes just because they did not understand where he was coming from 20 years ago, and lumped him into categories he never was a part of.

1 Like

It’s a sarcastic post. I don’t think he’s on the left. But his role is to be the “leftwing” guy that bashes “liberals” and agrees with rightwingers a bunch.

Is Tucker really saying “ok and now to check in with the left” or something every time GG comes on the show? If so, I was mistaken about what roles he plays. When I said he isn’t a leftist, I meant I didn’t think he portrayed himself as a leftist.

Not sure how they present him now, maybe less explicit now that he has basically no ties to any leftwing organization (the Intercept was) but that is how he’s perceived by rightwing media figures. Like here’s the reason.com blurb for a 2022 podcast interview (not gonna listen, fyi)

Are these people doing so because primarily due to their thinking about trans issues or were they moving their views on trans issues to conform more with people that they wanted to ally with on other issues?

Where do you think GG is coming from? What issues does he care about the most?

My perception of him is that he is coming from an anti-establishmentarian POV, that any turn he may have against trans people might be related to trans people being more accepted. Had Hillary Clinton lost to an establishment Republican, Greenwald might have been more negative towards that administration, but instead Trump won by running against the establishment. I think that the rhetoric of railing against the “Deep State” appeals to people like Greenwald, especially in areas like foreign policy and national security.

This is the Greenwald and Taibbi thread now, right?

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1644067467432546310?s=20

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1644100630946955265?s=20

2 Likes

Pointing out egregious factual errors in a story is now apparently an ad hominem attack…

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1644192176690085901?t=epmuf0MkhBbmU1S3ofdFHA&s=19

1 Like

Twitter brain is no doubt a real thing

1 Like

The full thing is here. Taibbi looks…not good

lol Maaaaaaaaaaaaaat

“I’m going to be interviewed on MSNBC today by Mehdi Hasan, the author of a book called Win Every Argument. I’m looking forward to it as one would a root canal or a rectal.
I accepted the invitation because it would have been wrong to refuse, on the off chance he was planning a good-faith discussion. If you’re reading this, things have gone another way.”

“If it sounds like my beef with MSNBC is personal, by now it is. Take the Twitter Files. When first presented with the opportunity to do that story, my first reaction was to be extremely excited, as any reporter would be, including anyone at MSNBC. In the next second however I was terrified, because I care about my job, and knew there would be a million eyes on this thing and a long way down if I got anything wrong. If you’ve ever wondered why I look 100 years old at 53 it’s because I embrace this part of the process. Audiences have a right to demand reporters lie awake nights in panic, and every good one I’ve ever met does.
But people who used to be my friends at MSNBC embraced a different model, leading to one of the biggest train wrecks in the history of our business. Now they have the stones to point at me with this “What happened to you?” routine. It’s rare that the following words are justified on every level, but really, MSNBC: Fuck you.”

What a fucking tool.

1 Like

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

2 Likes

So, in short, Taibbi

-was asked if it was bad of Musk to censor journalists at the behest of Indian PM Modi

-refused to comment or criticize Musk in any way (even Bari Weiss did this, as Hassan points out)

-then calls Hassan/MSNBC “security-state attack dogs whose job is to obscure damaging truths”

AD HOMINEM

Man I remember when taibbi was the next hunter thompson, twitter really does destroy human brains.

1 Like