Glenn Greenwald and Friends: Fearless Adversarial Fox News Contributors

https://mobile.twitter.com/dylanmatt/status/1219653606149967873

https://mobile.twitter.com/lachlan/status/1219652299825520642

2 Likes

“Regardless of your personal feelings about Glenn, he’s obviously a fucking moron if he thought he could remain unmolested while he poked a stick in the eye of a guy who is worse than Trump.”

1 Like

So a fucking moron or brave.

1 Like

I’ve never posted my personal feelings towards GG on this board or any other… Now what do you assume they are? I wonder.

If you never posted your personal feelings then obviously I have no idea what they are; he’s been discussed here and on the other boards often enough that most anyone could have shared those tweets.

I’ve made my feelings known though

1 Like

He’s very aware of the risks he takes on as an opposition journalist to a growing dictatorship that he lives under. This was always a possibility.

1 Like

My personal feeling at the moment is that he’s an American journalist who deserves the full protection of the American government in a testing time.

Glenn Edward Greenwald is an American journalist and author. He is best known for a series of reports published from June 2013 by The Guardian newspaper detailing the United States and British global surveillance programs, and based on classified documents disclosed by Edward Snowden. Wikipedia
Born: 6 March 1967 (age 52 years), Queens, New York, United States
Children: 2
Spouse: David Michael Miranda (m. 2005)
Books: No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden, the NSA, and the U.S. Surveillance State, With Liberty and Justice for Some, A Tragic Legacy, more
Education: NYU School of Law, George Washington University, Nova High School

All Americans should detest this arrest.

4 Likes

I mean ideally yeah maybe. But he lives in Brazil, not USA#1, presumably by choice, and decided to keep living there after YoloNero got elected, also presumably by choice. But he really shouldn’t be surprised. It would be like me complaining to the cops in February that it’s too loud for me to get any sleep at my Bourbon St apartment in New Orleans. But who knows maybe all his RUSSIA HOAX articles will entice Trump to intervene on his behalf.

1 Like

This is true but we’ve already had an American journalist chopped up in an embassy and POTUS shook hands with the man who ordered his assassination so we can’t really count on them to protect journalists.

You think glenn has any self awareness that all of his work before partially contributed to this? All those attack the stablishment over and over so people vote in an authoritarian lunatic; and now you’re going to jail probably for a long ass time. GJGE

1 Like

It sucks that it happened. It goes against my belief in a free press. But if this was against the law in Brazil and he broke the law, then he gets arrested. Of course, this might not be against the law and the whole thing is politically motivated. Either way, he knew the risks involved in being a journalist under a dictatorship.

I’ve lived in multiple countries throughout my adult life and I was responsible for following their laws no matter how unfair I thought they were.

3 Likes

He’s an American citizen who has paid taxes and lived a clean life, so he deserves the protections of the Law. Imo.

1 Like

He lives in Brazil where he runs an animal shelter staffed by former homeless people. Bastard.

6 Likes

He even got warned in July by bolsanaro directly he’s going to face jail time and he still didn’t leave. I have a hard time with sympathy for people that stupid.

He didn’t think that. He knew he was in danger from the government. He’s brave, not a moron.

3 Likes

All true… And it all dosents mean that Americans should wash there hands of him, but hey he’s American so I’ll bow out now.

1 Like

At least it wasn’t on MLK Jr. Day that we have people calling someone a moron for speaking out.

2 Likes

Yes, and then your crowing about how Greenwald was dumb for bravely staying in Brazil and publishing important stories critical of the government rather than being critical of the literal fascist government for arresting him is also quite telling. It’s obvious where you stand.

2 Likes

I am obviously against the obvious BS charges but I also have zero sympathy for him and feeling that way about a total moron (in addition to his 10000 articles of bs, he was warned and didn’t leave, that isn’t brave, that’s stupidity. you can’t fight the man from a jail cell) is what we have to do to cope with these troubled times.

God forbid that by speaking out we need to reestablish a whole new Board and leave a forum we frequently visited by being morons.

After all we all new it WAS A DICTATORSHIP…

Hopefully that’s my rant for today as I watch the fakest trial in history do down.