Food Madness Thunderdome

• French Fries
  • Pancakes/Waffles

0 voters

Fries vs. pancakes is the first one of these I find hard to parse. I think my tie breaker here is that my actual favorite food is beer, and fries are a beer enhancer, so fries gets the nod for teamwork.

1 Like

I’m over fries. They’re ubiquitous and boring. Almost always ask for something else.

1 Like

Now if cookies had been biscuits I would have been in trouble!

Biscuits are cookies.

Um no.

1 Like

I hear where you’re coming from. I rarely eat fries (certainly less than once a week) so they still feel like a “treat” to me.

I don’t want fries often, but when I want fries I must have fries and my hunger will accept no substitutes.

1 Like

Round 1k:

Juicy rotisserie chicken or fresh bread?

• Rotisserie Chicken
  • Bread

0 voters

Yeah i try to avoid them and I really do love pancakes and waffles but I don’t think I could actually go without having French fries ever. I don’t even eat that much bread but still pick it over chicken; come to think of it we probably shouldn’t have had a “bread” category because does this also include sandwiches and the like?

IMO it includes for example PB&J or tuna sandwiches but not hot sandwiches or subs as they are in a category of their own.

That sounds good, I’ll still go with bread as IDGAF about rotisserie chicken in particular.

4 Likes

Same here. To me rotisserie chicken is fine, but I most often would use it as an ingredient in other cooking instead of as it’s own thing.

Fries are a side. If they were good enough to make it out of the first round, people would be ordering chips ‘n fish, not fish’ n chips.

ITT there has been a criminal lack of appreciation for the utility value of fries. Well cooked fries stand alone, with a great crunch and hit of salt. Fries also act as a vessel for sauce, mixing salt with sweet. Fries can also serve as the base of a dish (Irish nachos), be a filling in other dishes (eg gyros with fries) and were it not for fries I probably never would have learned of chicken salt.

Elaborate on chicken salt please.

Same.

Pancakes and waffles are whatever tho.

As the article says, it is actually the default salt on a lot of fast food in Australia. It is a gift to this world and you should try it.

1 Like

Is there any meaningful difference between “chicken salt” and bouillon powder?