Food Madness Thunderdome

Welcome to the Food Madness Thunderdome!

Two foods enter, one food leaves!

Rules:

For each match-up you have to pick the one food you like to keep eating. The one you don’t pick you are not allowed/unable to eat for the rest of your life. Choose wisely!
Each match-up happens in a vacuum. Past or future match-ups have no influence.
No angle-shooting.

(*Peking Duck might still be replaced)

4 Likes

Round 1a: Pizza vs. Chocolate

The savory goodness of pizza or the divine sweetness of chocolate?

• Pizza
  • Chocolate

0 voters

If this place wasn’t such a sausage party, chocolate might have a chance.

3 Likes

I’m confused. Is this some sort of chocolate? I’m not sure what else it could be meant to represent.

A few months ago, I would have picked pizza in a heartbeat. Too salty, so now I eat chocolate instead.

Did you lose interest and skip to the end? Surely this is not a first round matchup.

Gotta pick chocolate because pizza can be replaced by other cheesy equivalents but chocolate is stand alone.

2 Likes

The right slice of pizza >> chocolate but a world without chocolate is worse than a world without the right slice of pizza, going with chocolate

1 Like

is that lettuce and corn on a pizza? gross

Does this mean no food with chocolate in it or just chocolate in its candy form?

Yeah this is a brutal matchup. I voted pizza because it’s probably my favorite food buuuut I do wonder if chocolate would be theoretically harder to never eat again.

Do you have an example?

Remember:

IMO chocolate cake and chocolate chip cookies are out, chocolate ice cream is probably out, chocolate syrup on waffles or ice cream I’d tend to rule out, too, though this is becoming borderline.

Round 1b:

Finger-lickin’ good chicken wings or a great slowly stewed pot of chili?

• Chicken Wings
  • Chili

0 voters

You and everybody else are welcome, even encouraged, to post your own pics to make your case. Maybe of your own creations?

Edit: For the current match-up I think chicken wings are more photogenic than chili is.

I really like corn on pizza. It adds a bit of sweetness. I recommend ham & corn, pepperoni & corn and tuna & onions & corn. As to lettuce, my gf swears by Rucola which is just fancy lettuce.

This chocoholic wholeheartedly agrees.

First one was easy. I won’t survive in a world without chocolate. Chilli or Wings would both lose to Pizza though.

Was once at a pizza restaurant whilst vegetarian. As was normal I didn’t spend much time looking at the menu as most of it wasn’t for me, and ordered without much thought from my little ghetto. I ordered some sort of 4 cheese or whatever.

So it turns up with a mound of rocket (arugula) in the middle which is annoying, but fine, I can take it off. So I do, and underneath I find there’s a big hole in the middle of the pizza. I was outraged, these fuckers have obviously burnt a pizza or something and then tried to style it out masked with rabbit food!

I call the waitress over and start complaining in an angry manner. She is massively confused, doesn’t get what I’m saying and claims she can’t see any problem. I’m telling her that I haven’t eaten any yet, that the hole was there when it arrived, and getting more and more pissed off.

Then my friend pipes up and asks if I ordered this one, and is pointing to the vegetarian section of the menu. I say yes, of course. He shares a look with the waitress. I have actually ordered from some sort of health food section, the rocket and the hole are in fact the major selling points of the pizza. As a British person I then have no choice but to leave the restaurant and never eat again.

I voted pizza.

3 Likes

Could easily go without the wings. Too messy and too much work for not enough return of meat. :D

4 Likes