Food Madness - Nomination Thread

There are still five food items standing for category 8.

Pick which one should be ELIMINATED:

• Cereals
  • Cheese
  • Chili
  • Peking Duck
  • Ramen

0 voters

I’ll start with building the brackets.

War with Iran has begun in this thread with the removal of Persian food!

1 Like

I’ll start the first round of polls tomorrow.

Lol Peking duck who tf eats that much peking duck? That’s like the only extremely specific item on the whole list, everything else is basically a category. Other than that this looks pretty good.

WTF? You put cheese and BBQ up against each other? I can’t choose between that l those 2.

Ice
Cream
Sandwiches

1 Like

sushi vs candy is like the person you want to be vs the person you know you really are.

Is anyone apart from vegetarians and @JohnnyTruant going to pick bagels over steak? lol

At the same time Cereals were leading in the poll above. Now it‘s Peking Duck. If it stays this way cereals will be substituted in.

Change the wording from “can’t eat for the rest of your life” to “have to eat every day” and I’d snap pick bagels.

Should clarify what you mean by Cereals; Captain Crunch etc or Rice, Oats, Quinoa etc or both.

What the heck is Chinese chicken?

It’s almost like we should run mini qualifying tournaments to narrow these categories down and take the top couple of “winners” for the big tournament

Then the ethnic foods can get their due consideration. Lumping tacos and burritos is almost like a supergroup, for example.

This is a lot more work tho so I get if the preferred route is capricious and arbitrary.

3 Likes

This is what I was thinking and then I got overwhelmed even trying to formulate how it would work

1 Like

I think we should run it back with these rules

Think big. Commit to 32 tournaments, then run a champion of champions tournament.

1 Like

A separate tournament for:
Hot cereal
Cold cereal
Bread
Chinese food
Mexican food
Vietnamese food
Indian food
Pizza
Greek food
Italian food
French food
Spanish food
Sandwiches
Candy
Cookies
Pies
Cakes
Bagels
All other baked goods
Steak (cut)
Fruit
Vegetables
Salads
Potatoes
Lamb
Pork
Chicken
Thai food
Middle Eastern food
Cheese
and ice cream

easy peasy :grimacing:

You got something else to do?

Examples are Sesame chicken, Orange chicken, Mango chicken and similar.

I have started a voting thread:

I posted the first matchup. I will add more in the coming days. May the best food win.