Food Madness - Nomination Thread

Let’s have a food madness bracket tournament!

Two food items/styles/categories go head to head until only one is left standing. For each match-up you have to pick one. The one you don’t pick you can’t eat for the rest of your life.

For starters we need to come up with 32/64 worthy competitors.

Here is an initial list of suggestions:

Burgers/Sandwiches/Subs
French Fries/Potatoes
Tacos/Burritos
Sushi
Steak
Chicken
Pizza
Pasta
Kebab/Gyros
Chinese
Indian
Bread
Cake/Pie
Candy
Chocolate
Ice Cream
Fruit

Anything else you want to nominate?
To keep things balanced we might need to split or combine some of them. Suggestions?

1 Like

I’d say cheese, but then there’s no point running any competition against it.

Also, as a British person, I must protest that cake and pie are not at all the same thing.

3 Likes

Can’t put up Chinese against a single food like kebab. I can live without sechuan hot pot but Peking Duck would be hard to give up.

1 Like

Do you have a suggestion how we could split up Chinese food?

Buffalo wings

Thread rules should be like Calvinball imo.

1 Like

Chili

3 Likes

Could probably do something with Ramen and other noodles it will crush.

Can I draft Persian food?

The one thing I always eat when back home is pudding, chips, mushy peas and gravy. Had it a few nights back, amazing as ever. Didn’t know smack barm so looked it up, internet said a Wigan thing. I am currently in Wigan, so should maybe go out and get one.

(The night I had babbys head etc. I should have been going to a Michelin starred restaurant, but our inconvenient son got ill instead. At least I didn’t miss out.)

1 Like

By region. I find Cantonese food pretty dull but love food from Shanghai (sweeter) and from Southern China (hotter).

In round three, the nominator must stand on his head while reciting the “Pledge of absolution.” Meanwhile, all voters in the round should don their invisible pants and turn clockwise not once, not twice, but thrice, before casting their vote.

2 Likes

You’re yanking my chain on all three of these, right?

How’s this work like a walrus? Send samples of each via snailmail?

1 Like

Also think Chinese and Indian should be by region or specific types of food like hotpot, dumplings, peking duck for Chinese.

Added to the list:
Cheese
Bagels
Buffalo Wings (merge into chicken?)
Chili
Bacon
Persian
Ramen
Thai
Vietnamese

I’ll also suggest:
(American) BBQ
Cookies
Lobster/Prawns/Shrimps
Baked goods (eg. Donuts, Cinnamon Rolls etc.)
Pancakes/Waffles
Cereals

I thought about this as well. We have a Persian buffet nearby that is phenomenal. Food from ten thousand miles away right here on demand what! These are our enemies! It’s really good. But I don’t understand it at all I can’t even describe it properly

1 Like

Rice vs pasta

I think having actual cuisines should be a different thread. Just stick to foods.

lamb should be on there too

This could work if other people aren’t as ignorant about Chinese food as I am. For example, I like Gang Bian beef from a local Chinese restaurant. I couldn’t tell to which regional cuisine it belongs, nor could I do it for any other Chinese dishes.