Fighting thread

I bet Jumeau.

I figured it was going to be a split decision Lima and thought it was ~40% that Jummeau was going to get it as the hometown guy.

Announcers conflated the first and the second when they said “2-0 Lima” afterwards. Same thing when a guy is dominate in the third after two close rounds beforehand, they start saying they thought they pulled it out (due to recency bias).

1 Like

Thoughts on the last two? I’m betting small $

Dude was still pretty content to chill with his back against the cage.

Kept catching him with judo throws tho.

I did too. That could be another bias. I’m very negative and hard on my own guys when there’s subjectivity involved.

I don’t know what to think on the main event.

I like Iaquinta as a small dog along with the under which is at a nice plus number. I feel like he’s going to be able to catch him with an overhand right.

Hooker is a killer otherwise but Iaquinta has an iron chin. Head kicks still have a way to rock those.

I don’t feel confident but just like the plus numbers so you profit with a split. I have a tendency to find a way to like unders that aren’t pricey tho.

I had Tuivasa in the first round -105 as the only thing on this fight.

I still like the bet. Should’ve prbly took the dog obviously. I usually like HW dogs but dude looked like a fish out of water in his last fight.

Tai is so sloppy. You know exactly what you’re getting with him.

Other dude was the unknown variable.

Yeah that was a really weird and fascinating fight. No way to know how that one ends

Under 1.5 was -190 I think (which lost by 45 seconds).

HW fights that make it to the second are so sloppy, it’s why I liked getting the 3:1 fave at even money in the first.

Dude is like a short, beefy Struve.

Whittaker is a guy that seemed to always headline on nights that I was passed out drunk. I really needed to watch more of him but I felt it might be a fool’s errand because with the layoff it makes it a little bit of a mystery how he’ll come back. His leash was getting pretty short and they had to be thinking of stripping him so that makes me think about like Cain against Werdum as a similar situation. Guy comes back bc he’s run out of time to stall and heal, not bc he’s ready.

Adesanya was a bit unimpressive for me against Gastelum. If Gastelum has a decent fight IQ he likely finishes him (shot on him when he was near out on his feet). Then again, it felt like the fight mirrored Jon Jones and Gustaffson - except Gastelum has some of the best boxing in MMA. I dunno, it feels like either Whittaker is going to expose him like Woodley against Till on the ground or he’s going to connect like I envision Iaquinta might and Adesanya crumbles. Otherwise it feels like it might be like Wonderboy vs Johnny Hendrix or Rory and he outclasses him on the feet.

The comp for the fight is prbly Woodley vs Wonderboy and we saw how that was a coin flip each time.

Over 3.5 seems like the smartest bet, but one I probably won’t make.

2 Likes

Iaquinta via KO at over +600 here.

Larger position on the under than Al.

He’s swinging on him.

Under is whole fight just being a finish. Hoping for a Hooker finish realistically.

I want another 5 fights tonight. I’m unsatisfied.

Did you have an opinion/lean on the main event?

Im a newb so no. That’s why I asked you. I’ve only been watching religiously for a year or so. Money on Israel but why? Who knows

To be totally fair, I used to watch years ago. Had a marriage, kid, so I’m getting back into it.

Sick.

You were definitely ahead of me in the US

Nah, that was the dropping at the end of the first.

Whittaker was def game and super aggressive. But unless he was going to be able to get him on the ground Adesanya outclassed him, some of those shots could’ve dropped him but you’ve gotta think the true line was like Adesanya -350.

He just has to fade the overhand or head kick. That’s the difference between the two, as a standup fighter Adesanya is much more natural rolling with the strikes and using head movement. Whittaker got caught planted on the ground, he had time to double up on the hook in the first.

Whittaker def looked good physically. Shows you how good Gastelum is.

1 Like