Fighting thread

Super excited to see Pettis again and always happy to see Romero.

Obviously we deserve a better OP but it’s near 2am and I’m a lazy bugger.

Was gonna keep this in sports but I’m happy.

UFC 241 Prelim fight was fantastic. Love this Klose guy.

got a stream if anyone needs 1

PM me for link

lol epic start to this one!

‘The ability of both these men to eat these power-shots.’

It’s because they have 1 brain cell between them

1 Like

Stipe found out how to beat King Hippo.

3 Likes

Far from the best? I disagree with that. Dominating LHW (while Jones was suspended) and HW (in Strikeforce and UFC) is nearly unheard of. I think Randy Couture is the only one that came close to doing that.

Guess you never saw him in Strikeforce.

22-2 is a pretty incredible record in divisions that are pretty high variance in a sport that’s very high variance. Even crazier is that his career didn’t start until he was 30. If he started training at a much younger age, he’d probably be even better.

I suppose your hatred is getting in the way.

As a person, he’s actually pretty awesome. Guy has suffered a crazy amount of tragedy in his life and has come out the way he has. He has every reason in the world to be like Jon Jones but hasn’t gone that way.

One of the few athletes I’d be happy to have my hypothetical child look up to.

2 Likes

No definitely not, that’s either Cejudo or Askren.

Nobody here watched Kovalev vs Yarde?

Kovalev dominated but seeing how soft he is to the body and his stamina issues makes me think that he’ll get worked over fast by Canelo.

I had money on it but didn’t watch except an 8-minute highlight reel afterwards.

His stamina looked fine in the last two rounds, but yeah the round before that it looked like fatigue or body punishment had something to do with Yarde’s rally.

Didn’t know Canelo planned on moving up to fight him. That’s interesting. If it were a few years ago I’d say Kovalev is the favorite, but right now I probably make Canelo a slight fav. Kovalev today doesn’t look like the same version of himself that almost beat Andre Ward. As for Canelo, he would have to throw punches, not back up the whole time like he did in his first GGG fight, but I think he learned his lesson from that.

Sergey’s weak to the body. Canelo just gotta keep smashing him with that left hook and he’ll win by KO.

I would still like to see it. He didn’t really get to make good on his ambition to change McGregor’s face. Of course you’re right that McGregor and everyone associated with him are total garbage people, just want to see that clown get absolutely pummelled for 3-17 minutes.

First 30 seconds GOAT prefight trash talk:

I tried to locate a stream, but it is showing auto racing
is the MMA next?

1 Like

lol oh ok

Fury had an absolutely brutal cut over his eye. You could tell that he changed his entire fighting style as a result.

Figured that Wallin would be another Tom Schwartz but apparently he wasn’t. He gave Fury a good fight. It was one that he rightfully lost but it was still a competitive fight.

Of course all this is true. I just want to see Connor get the shit kicked out of him again. It would shut up him and his obnoxious fans forever.

No it wouldn’t. I know guys like Conor. They’ll do everything to deflect and not take responsibility.

Correct…

We have a few of them around here and their still at it at 60 :flushed: