Fast food thread

food*

6 Likes

They no longer freeze them. But they alway burn them here…

speaking of food*, I can try this in the local chipotle here:

No mention of the McRib being on the menu.

5 Likes

The Taco Bell near me has now forgotten Fire Sauces the last 3 times I’ve gone. Had to open the bag while at the Drive Thru window and show them there were no sauces in there.

I’m usually not that big a nit about fast food stuff like this, but Fire Sauce is like 85% of the reason to eat Taco Bell.

2 Likes

What’s the other 15%?

Quiet time in the bathroom. Or at least the only sounds will be my own.

Yeah that is criminal. My Taco Bell makes sure to ask me if I want any sauce then gives me too many for my order, which is an obvious plus.

1 Like

I’d cut that Taco Bell out of my life.

The app now asks you how many sauces you want so probably less a chance of them forgetting. And yes they usually give me twice as many as I ask for.

I use the extras as lube.

3 Likes

This is some kind of weird new fast food thing. For example, at McDonald’s now you have to explicitly ask for ketchup every time at the drive through.

The next step is charging you a quarter for it. Unless you subscribe for the Gold Plan.

1 Like

It’s just a late stage capitalism thing. Nerds looking at a spreadsheet counting how many ketchup packages they can save per day by making people ask.

Some places also make you ask for napkins. This has been creeping in on a franchisee by franchisee basis for years.

And I just assumed that the people working the DD drive thru couldn’t be bothered to stick a napkin in the bag. Are they actually being told not to?

It really depends on how penny-pinching an individual franchisee is. These usually aren’t corporate policies, although such policies squeezing franchisees lead to these sorts of measures.

In the letter, the group states that 855bn sachets are used every year globally – enough to cover the entire surface of the Earth – while many are thrown away without even being opened.

It adds that the sachets have fallen through a “legal loophole” and are causing untold damage to the planet.

“We have become slaves to the sachet,” the letter reads. “They are the ultimate symbol of our grab and go, addicted to convenience lifestyle. Uncollectable, unrecyclable and valueless, they pollute our planet at an increasing rate.”

2 Likes

Had my first McRib in over a decade and man this thing is gross.

Trying to keep my mind off other stuff and how fucking tragic everything is. Here’s a song about being homeless in Austin and eating leftovers out of the dumpster at Popeye’s.

“Fans who mobile order the Cajun Flounder Sandwich on launch day will have the option to buy Sandwich Insurance. Costing only 15 cents, the insurance gives customers the ability to replace their fish sandwich with a fried chicken sandwich for free if they don’t like it.”

RED ALERT

Taco Bell now has a build your own box with a few different options. You can get a crunchwrap meal + chips and cheese for cheaper than you could get the original combo.

2 Likes