Fast food thread

McDonald’s new spicy chicken sandwich was terrible. Tyson frozen patties are way better.

2 Likes

Free spicy chicken sandwich or 10 pc spicy nuggets from Wendy’s app today only

1 Like

had one today (it was literally free in the app). Couldn’t go for more than 2 bites.

Fries and Diet Coke were top notch.

I find this amazing given how carefully they test all their products. This must have tested well to be introduced.

Taco Bell keeps withholding chalupas from DC. Do they pull these shenanigans in places that have Senators?

Surely it would be one of the spring’s biggest restaurant openings. Taco Bell Cantina was coming to Columbia Heights, and the Twitter buzz was huge. Though the Mexican chain has other outposts around DC, this was the first Cantina, meaning you could get a boozy Baja Blast along with your Doritos Locos Tacos.

But when a team of Washingtonian reporters showed up at 11 AM—the reported opening time—there was nary a Chalupa lover in sight. Shortly after, someone else arrived at the scene. Turns out she was a reporter for DCist.

It feels like a good close to the pandemic. Everything’s getting better, and now there’s a Taco Bell opening. It’s just the perfect combination,” says Michael Lembo, one of the first people in line who was not a journalist.

Harold Treminio drove up from Virginia, stopping in Foggy Bottom to catch an Uber with friend David Quintero. The duo claim they woke up extra early for the taco premiere—9 AM to be exact. Despite the opening snafu, Treminio and Quintero still plan to live más today

We came up to have a little darty [day party] morning happy hour, so I think we’re going to get that done anyways,” says Treminio, stepping into the neighboring Chik-fil-A.

Arby’s with a legitimately interesting limited-time FF sandwich. I don’t trust my local arby’s to make it competently but credit to them for innovating.

Arby’s Country-Style Pork Rib sandwich features Texas pit-smoked country-style pork rib (from the same smokehouse that makes their brisket), smoked Gouda cheese, crispy-fried onion strings, Smoky BBQ sauce, and mayo on a toasted star-top bun.

Trip report?

maybe wednesday. planning to go to a soccer game then so i’ll have a chance to grab one in a different city.

I’m a sucker for the smokehouse brisket at Arby’s so I’ll give this a shot, it’s basically the exact same sandwich with pork

Anyone been to Raising Cane’s? They are opening one close to me next week. Where does it rank in the fast food chicken world?

It seems to have a lot of die-hard fans because of the sauce.

Fast food thread on 22 loves it.

Canes is good if you’re craving chicken tenders and the sauce is good. All they sell is tenders, fries and texas toast so don’t go looking for variety

The davis location opens next week?

Shit, i might need to make a trip. Roseville doesnt open til Mid december

Nov 23

Sauce is crazy good
Tenders are quality and fresh as a rule.
Fries are as good as frozen crinkle cut can be.
Skipped cole slaw to get extra texas toast or sauce.

I would love to crush a caniac combo right now (3am!?)

2 Likes

And don’t forget the sweet tea.

So i haven’t tried raisin cane yet because there’s a giant line at least two blocks deep at every moment of the day, including at 9:30 am (it opens at 10).

People are the dumbest

Raising Cane’s is fine. It is some solid crunchy chicken fingers with a great sauce. But it isn’t worth that sort of wait.

2 Likes