Fast food thread

There is no “almost” in that rule. That’s the whole point.

However, I think I am going to interpret his rule as only pertaining to American restaurants. The factor that drags it down is Americans’ expectations of service at a restaurant. If Canadians have different thoughts about that, then they wouldn’t provide the lower reviews needed to bring it down to 3.5.

1 Like

Is it still good?

Wouldn’t Canadians have a higher expectation of politeness? It should be a 2.5 star rule up north.

But their politeness in rating overrules their expectation of politeness from others

1 Like

You got a birria taco joint recommendation for the Scottsdale area?

Nothing specific up there, sorry. This is our friend’s absolute favorite place: https://www.tacoschiwas.com/. Never been myself though. Barrio Queen was very good last time I was there and they have quesabirria but that was years ago: https://www.barrioqueen.com/menu/. I remember specifically liking their guacamole and their French press coffee.

We’re always in old town for the breakfast club, so we’ll likely try Barrio Queen as they have a location right there as well.

1 Like

I hate chipotle too, every decent restaurant around me gets replaced by one.

I will say though their burritos and burrito bowls just hit nice, and I like their chips/guac. The “build your own” aspect is what I imagine makes it so popular, not the food.

I agree with this a lot. not every meal needs to be gourmet, there’s room in nearly any diet for a little junk

also: I love taco bell

If you’re trying to eat kinda healthy on the road, Chipotle is a pretty convenient option. Burrito bowls are consistent and tasty, and even though it’s not as good as more authentic Mexican food, sometimes that’s not what I’m after. Also I find smaller local Mexican restaurants to be pretty hit or miss.

I won’t eat Taco Bell though. Maybe maybe if it’s 3am and I’m high.

I’ve always liked Chipotle somewhat but the last time I went, a steak bowl with guacamole was 15 bux and after tipping a little, I was in it for 17$.

They even charged for the (really crappy corrections grade) tortilla. Feels like piss poor value at that point.

I go to chipotle several times a year. One of things that sticks out in my mind is that there hasn’t been any tipping opportunity. If you give them a CC, there is no tip line to fill out (in fact, they don’t even have you sign anything). Also, no tip jar on the counter. Maybe I’ve just had a odd sample of Chipotles.

The biggest gripe for me about Chipotle (besides that I don’t really care for the taste) is that they give you barely any meat. I can get a chicken and broccoli with white rice from the Chinese takeout for around the same price that is good for two meals and has a ton of meat. I am mean wtf is this:

LOL, this guy has a twitter dedicated to Chipotle cheating him. We need a class action lawsuit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MiserlyScoops/status/1509210309856313344

1 Like

The Chipotle whiners are firmly in the fuck around and find out territory.

I like Chipotle but this is the issue. A burrito for $10 feels like solid value. The same burrito for $15 and it’s like ehh I can get 3x the food at Taco Bell for that price.

I always go double meat at Chipotle. Even bigger ripoff, but not too many places as easily accessible where you can construct a meal with solid macros.

lol. i’ve been hit by that like once. i dont like meat that much though so maybe i dont notice them skimping.

those ppl are doordash noobs. you complain. you get refunded in full.

if you dont you call and complain. leave a thorough review and take pics. always a free meal.

i may have had a title related to doordash at some point or another. i know the game.

A chicken burrito bowl with no adds on costs $9

There’s a tip jar at every Chipotle I’ve been to in NM but it’s becoming pretty common anywhere.

I went to Jersey Mike’s last week and they had a tip% button on the little swiper.

Strong club sub there.

The tip button is on every machine in Canada and it is the only way we pay. Nobody pays cash ever.