Fast food thread

You mean driving to get to a poker game?

Yes. Gotta get there before my call-in expires.

Well I guess you’re in this category

1 Like

It’s just more efficient to drive and eat.

Yeah, by about 5 min.

The pandemic made avoiding eating around other people more acceptable. I also have non-soda drinks in my car that I can’t bring into a restaurant, so I’m also saving money by not buying a beverage.

I think even just parking in the lot for five min and eating is better. Don’t need to worry about onehandedness or spilling. I find that my enjoyment of the meal would go up at the relatively low cost of five minutes. But if you’re really got somewhere to be, what you’re doing makes sense.

It’s McDonald’s. I’m not trying to enjoy it. I’m not a hedonist. I don’t try to maximize pleasure.

I was using enjoy kind of loosely there. Not worrying about inadvertently spilling something is part of the enjoyment. I am admittedly not a great eat-while-driving-bro.

Not using the McD app if you consume McD is a huge leak.

1 Like

If it makes me eat McDonald’s twice a month instead of twice a week, is it that huge of a leak?

Depends on what your diet looks like I guess? I get $1 fries when I get a craving and get free happy meals with points whenever my partner randomly wants one. The deals in the app are generally really good, but if this incentivizes to eat shit more often (as opposed to McD over some other bad option) , then I guess good move.

I have been destroyed a couple times by being cocky at a thai restaurant. Never a good idea to challenege those guys.

3 Likes

+1

And I’m one of those guys who actually loves pure heat.

While Thai restaurants are great about jacking up the heat. One thing I have found is a tremendous inconsistency in mid range spice level from visit to visit. There are 3-4 Thai restaurants that we go to regularly and they all have the same problem. A level 3 is never the same as the last time you went there.

Five is always very spicy, one is always bland, but 2-4 is a total crapshoot. I always order stuff for myself at the highest level. But for shared stuff, we go lower, and we’re never sure what we’re going to get.

1 Like

My favorite Thai restaurant in college had a 1-5 scale, but you had to order an 11+ to really sweat. Need a food czar to enforce universal spice levels.

3 Likes

When I lived in DC, I used to love Five Guys. There wasn’t one especially close to where I lived so anytime I was in the area of one I’d make sure to get it. I moved away from that area in 2007 which was around the time they started expanding and I’ve probably eaten Five Guys three times since then. Not sure if it isn’t as good after expanding or my tastes changed (definitely don’t want to house those fries like I used to) but now there are a bunch of places I’d choose over it.

On a recent podcast, Dave Chang went into how he used to love In N Out but barely gets it since moving to LA.

BTW, who’s done their research on In N Out’s right-wing ownership?

Just order Thai Spicy and make it sound like a challenge, that’s how you get actual spicy food…

:vince2:

panda express 3 entree option is a bit awkward. the obvious chicken choice is orange, and the obvious beef choice is broccoli. however, all the other options except walnut shrimp is chicken/beef. and the shrimp’s extra.

this is a problem, because often, 2 entree plate is not satisfying to me.