Fast food thread

Just to contribute to the Whataburger talk, my only experience was going there at 3am in Dallas and the burger was literally cold throughout. I know they were understaffed and it was covid times, but I mean I’ve never been served an ice cold burger before. I never went back

Someone has never been to Krystal

I think they are fairly expensive right? You cant just use black beans, its gotta be mixed with onion and peppers and stuff whereas mest patties are just meat.

krystal is garbage but significantly better than white castle

onion and peppers and stuff is cheaper than meat, my brother

Maybe, was just thinking out loud. Might be harder to buy wholesale when you have to hit a bunch of manufacturers instead of just one, but im probably overthinking it.

I dont like either but have given a slight edge to white castle in beef. Krystal is ahead between the two in chicken

white people suck so bad at spicy, I had a hankering for something that would melt my face off tonight and the korean places I usually get were closed so I got pizza hut’s spiciest wing they advertised. I knew it would be unimpressive but even when I was utterly careless with how I ate them and wiped my eye on accident once, this only caused mild irritation until i rinsed my face and mouth. I judged it a 2,000 scoville at best and all reliable info I can find online says it’s a 1.500. Please stop calling stuff “burnin hot” and market it as face melting if it’s 1500 scoville. That’s just fucking embarrassing.

I am but a simple man in search of the world’s best spicy food, but alas, I also have been cursed with IBS, so these decisions are quite costly to me and I just wasted my entire month’s spicy budget on this garbage.

Can confirm. It’s hard to get actually spicy food unless you go Thai, Mexican or some other non-western food. Even then you typically get the default “white guy” spice level unless you ask otherwise. I have been “burned” a few times when you ask for the non-white spice though when they decide to show you! Especially at Thai places in my experience. :grin:

Laotian food is basically thai food but instead of a perfect balance of sweet salty sour and spicy they ditch the rest and pump up the spicy

3 Likes

Don’t think I have ever had that. I like spice with flavour not just heat.

1 Like

Im exaggerating of course. Its similar flavor profile just more aggressive

I’ve not gotten the McDonald’s app on the theory that it will make me less likely to eat fast food, but I still have it a couple of times a month.

Am I making a mistake?

I’m a big fan of mcd fries and a large one cost 1 dollar in the app (and med fries free on friday).

Sigh, I guess you’ve sold me on it. I only get it when I have to eat and drive and I paid a!most $4 for a large fry.

McDs mostly mediocre-tier food, but their app does have some good deals. My breakfast this morning was a sausage + egg McMuffin ($3.75 → $1 app deal) and another sausage McMuffin. 880 calories for <$3

I care about value more than quantity and the practicality of eating one-handed when it comes to fast food.

I can’t think of many life situations where something would be so urgent that I couldn’t stop driving for 5 minutes to eat, but not urgent enough for me to skip a meal.

Yeah, this. Maybe I just eat fast, but most McDonalds meals would be 5 min max.

Maybe if you’re one of those eat-breakfast-while-commuting-and-always-running-late kind of people.

Poker, ldo.