Fast food thread

The thing about Whataburger is that it is the highest variance FF chain I can think of. The good ones are great, the bad ones make you rue the decision to go there.

My first Whataburger experience was great, then I went on a huge streak of suck.

My info is dated, so I suppose it’s possible they all suck.

I don’t think airport is giving it a fair shot.

Having said that I had a really excellent fried chicken sandwich at some Wolfgang Puck restaurant at an airport. The key was instead of a chicken breast it was a fried, boneless chicken thigh. Not sure why thigh fried chicken sandwiches aren’t more of a thing. Thigh >>> Breast.

1 Like

I think popeyes chicken sandwich are mediocre to bad and chick-fil-a’s are a great fast food invention.

1 Like

Whataburger’s grilled chicken sammich is superior to Chick Fila’s. Whata fries are absolute trash though.

I am ride or die for the OG Wendy’s Spicy Chicken. Didn’t I tell you bitches? It’s available year-round.

5 Likes

Agree, and I’d definitely give it another try if given the chance.

Coincidentally, I walked by a Popeye’s yesterday while shopping at a mall, but we already had plans for lunch so I passed. At least I know where to find it now.

Because white people like white meat.

Yeah, that’s the part I don’t get. Why is that?

dark meat makes them feel unsafe.

2 Likes

I really don’t get how Bojangles is Kentucky.

Looks like Bojangles has 9 KY locations. 5 of them are between Louisville and Lexington (not at though). The other four are in decent areas, but nothing crazy.

You might think the answer logically would be KFC. But no, the Chick-Fil-A locations I see around Lexington are around the block nonstop.

Exactly!

ITS REACHING FOR ITS BELT BLAM BLAM BLAM

Tried the Christian Taliban Chicken Sandwich last time I was in the US. It is for sure the worst among fast food chains I’ve tried. Totally confused by the love it gets.

2 Likes

Try letting Jesus into your heart first?

3 Likes

Whataburger is overall mediocre to bad but I do enjoy their jalapeno cheddar biscuit with egg and cheese.

The thing that makes made Whataburger great appreciated is that the entire menu is available 24 hours a day, 360+ days a year. In 2022 that’s not really all that notable. 25 years ago it was.

Also, they have weirdly interesting sandwich specials in rotation throughout the year. The A1 burger has like half a bottle of the sauce on it. The patty melt is a greasy hot mess. There’s some sort of bbq chicken tender sandwich that doesn’t even make sense. These experiences create fond drunken memories at 3:00 AM.

2 Likes

That was one redeeming quality that I never took advantage of. The Whataburger was about 1 min away from a Taco Cabana and if I needed fast food after midnight, it was no contest.

BK has massive variance. When it’s on, it’s ON - but when it’s bad it’s pretty revolting

1 Like

Whataburger may be the worst fast food encounter Ive ever experienced.

just got the impossible burger with bacon from BK. love the idea. At $11 I’m almost certainly going to be disappointed but I had a hankerin’ for an oreo shake so this is what’s happening.

1 Like