Fall LC thread

Do your kids build legos that are sorted by color with a water pitcher in the middle?

FOAD Tom and Daisy

I know we have a thread about how to attract new users in About Unstuck, but no one goes there anymore. So, do people want new users generally? The elder microdaughter does a lot of politics chat-groups, book reading groups and stuff, mostly on Facebook, and could invite a whole group (they aren’t huge groups) over here. Would we want that? They’d be like various flavors of Marxists and Anarchists and they are mostly not old like me, but they aren’t mostly 19 year olds like microdaughter. Mostly like mid-20s.

6 Likes

That would be awesome. I’d love to hear young voices on here, not jaded olds like oreo.

4 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/d1sc0urse/status/1178466952290791424

3 Likes

Sounds great to me and I’d think a bunch of Marxists and anarchists would welcome the chance to not be on Facebook. Does microdaughter have a feel for this place? She should probably be somewhat familiar with the joint before inviting friends since an open forum is going to function differently than a closed Facebook group and they might get a lot more negative feedback than they’re used to.

3 Likes

Article on a recently discussed topic

1 Like

Do they have notbrucez-type rhetoric?

Might be some pearl clutching if so.

Article touches on one thing that’s been annoying me:

“They really enjoy these online fights and have started making that the focus of their comedy and podcasts,”

There is nothing less funny than comics whining about the ability to make bad, low-brow jokes.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve shown her stuff and talked about it. I think kids nowadays can handle people being assholes on the internet better than us olds. And like I said, she’s young for these commie groups, they’re mostly not exactly kids. The thing, and it’s probably fine, is whether she and I want worlds to collide.

1 Like

I don’t know. I’ve met some of these people and mostly they are more academic about things, but I would not be surprised if some or even most of them would support the Che Guevara rather than the Bernie Sanders kind of revolution.

1 Like

I’ve thought about inviting some YangGang I know personally but they annoy the shit out of me and I agree with most of them so I refrained.

1 Like

I had that thought too.

My daughters are like their mothers so I would be aghast at the notion. You and her seem much more simpatico and I assume you’ve been a big inspiration for her.

With that said, I’d still be hesitant.

Yeah this place doesn’t need those guys. You and I are enough Yang Gang representation lol.

1 Like

Unhinged righties causing violence.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1178708395110682625

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1178687971807105024?s=19

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1178689171415863298?s=19

Bring her. Her perspective has value. I’d hope all of us would learn a lot from her, particularly the value of humility and curiosity. It’s very easy to do the same thing we criticize others for doing, talk to people younger/different and assume we know all we need to know to tell them why they’re wrong.

1 Like

It’s been one year since my life shift.
I have so many blessings, and have done a lot of work, and processed so many cycles of grief, and know/believe myself as a brilliant han and…
I’m still sad on a deep level. … about the truncated possibilities and loss. Life is good, but not always easy.
I don’t need to fix it, I only need to feel it and accept it.
Growth can happen quickly, and also can happen at a pace more slow than we wish for.

This is men’s circle speak for “I broke up with my baby mama a year ago and things are going ok”.

FWIW I like this guy a lot and enjoyed the men’s circle for the most part. I just can’t help myself but roll my eyes a little at their language and some of the soundbath/healing body massage/etc stuff - and am almost certainly a gigantic a-hole for doing so. :smiley:

Does anyone know what “brilliant han” means?

Typo?

Anecdotal only, but I seem to be hearing more media types pronouncing the word “pundit” as if it has a second ‘n’ in it: “PUNDANT”. This really grinds my gears. That is all.

1 Like

Also, apropos of nothing, which world leader has the coolest and most Star Wars-like name?

Indonesian President Joko Widodo

1 Like