Fall LC thread

The autumnal equinox was about 8 hours ago. Time for a thread that doesn’t have “summer” in the title.

Happy fall everyone!

Happy Autumn all.

Fall is my favorite season. There’s also an accompanying sense of dread because if i’m gonna have a seasonal affective disorder year it typically starts this month.

Happy Spring, ChrisV!

2 Likes

Fall would be so much better if the dropping temperatures and shortening days didn’t serve as a constant reminder that Winter is coming.

1 Like

Pretty good article on the deadly side of horse racing. Cliffs: pretty fucked up

1 Like

I was way underwater in the summer thread so glad to see a new one. Here’s a fun article to start us off: The “Cancel Culture” Con | The New Republic.

TLDR: The fear around “cancel culture” is another right wing grift.

Yup, I enjoy fall weather but it also means that hell on earth winter is right around the corner. Really need to get out of MN

First sub-90 high since the early spring. What global warming?

1 Like

I’ll call and raise you one global warming- News tonight said it was only the 5th time ever recorded that 92 degrees or higher was reached on this date here.

It’s pretty funny that there are 2 different mid-90s movies about drag queens on a road trip. The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (Guy Pearce, Hugo Weaving) actually won an Oscar for best costumes.

Great movie, 5 bags of popcorn :popcorn:

1 Like

I think that’s me looking for a conversation I had and being dumb and never getting it.

I suppose congrats are still in order, thanks for that.

GOAT SHOW

Fall Guy was my lunch viewing during the summer as a kid

2 Likes

Mine too… :man_facepalming:

Ask them if they think people alive today who lived under Jim Crow should get money from the states who enforce racists and oppressive laws. Anti repatriation people dont like that question.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Complex/status/1175899657383419905

https://mobile.twitter.com/VirtuallyBeth/status/1176011206093672449