Summer LC thread

Yeah, I’m tired of all these progressives constantly pushing for new boundaries. I want things back the way they were.

Like in the 80s, when men were men and stuff like this was around:

2 Likes

Once my parents did a summers work at austin peay university (Let’s go pee!) and we always drove past a historical monument (a bell I think?) that was “Over 100 years old” :open_mouth:. I was pretty baffled considering our house back home was over 100 years old and it wasn’t particularly noteworthy.

You probably think 100 miles is a long distance though.

3 Likes

Thought about Tootsie too, but wanted to limit to relationships between men.

Milton Berle wasn’t on the tip of my tongue tho. Dude had a notoriously huge snake fwiw.

lol, I’d heard stories before but I just read this one now.

70s comedic writer Alan Zweibel:

and with Berle, all I had known was he wore a dress on TV and supposedly stole everybody’s jokes. And also I learned early on that he was the guy with the big dick, one of the biggest m show business. So I started writing big dick jokes about him for these Friars roasts.

Now fast forward a few years and I’m in Milton Berle’s dressing room at Saturday Night Live. He’s sitting on a couch behind a coffee table and he’s wearing a very short kind of bathrobe, the kind that comes down to about midthigh. And somehow I just say to him, “You know, it’s so weird that I’m here talking to you, because for years I was writing jokes about your dick.” I said, “I wrote all these jokes about your cock and now I’m talking to you — I feel like there’s some violation or something here.”

He says to me: “You mean you never saw it?” I said, “Uh, no, I don’t believe I did.” Then he said, “Well, would you like to?” And before I had a chance to say, “Not really” or “Can I think about it?” or whatever, he parts his bathrobe and he just takes out this — this anaconda. He lays it on the table and I’m looking into this thing, right? I’m looking into the head of Milton Berle’s dick. It was enormous. It was like a pepperoni. And he goes, “What do you think of the boy?” And I’m looking right at it and I go, “Oh, it’s really, really nice.”

2 Likes

Just devastating. complete systemic breakdown at every possible point

And then a big dick story to wash the palate clean.
Internet, hell of a drug.

1 Like

So they all told me, honestly can’t tell. It is SATA-III, but I’m not talking about moving data from one to the other, if that’s what you mean. The OS is on the SSD and I don’t notice any difference between loading an app on that drive and loading one on the HDD. But it’s not like I’ve done any tests or anything (mostly don’t care lol), maybe it’s no surprise I can’t eyeball the difference given how little I actually know about this stuff.

Nice one lol

I think the most noticeable difference is loading game maps and things like that. Not sure about other things. There are benchmark programs you can use to test it and find out.

Eh, I’m good. All I wanted was a PC that wouldn’t be total dogshit in three years’ time, mission accomplished, why rock the boat :slight_smile:

I have all my game files and music production software on my ssd. All my samples and that type of things are on my hdd.

Missed this.

I’ve only visited Malta once, and liked it a lot - enough to think about retiring there eventually if possible. It’s unpretentious and the Maltese are very friendly and helpful. It does get unbearably hot in summertime, though, being almost North African in climate.

There’s certainly industry and agriculture, but it is a poor island so I don’t know what the career opportunities would be like.

1 Like

For me the most noticeable difference with SSD is turning the computer on. Going from off to having Windows loaded up and ready to go is way faster on my SSD. It’s hard to believe that you can’t see a difference there.

I did switch from HDD/Win 8 to SSD/Win 10, so I was thinking maybe it was a Win 10 thing. I will admit the machine goes to full power off and back again quicker than any machine I’ve owned since like 1998. Just not that big a deal, though. We’re talking ten seconds absolute max each way.

Microsoft spent a lot of effort to speed up boot time, I was in Macland from Win 8 to Win 10 and was very surprised how fast Windows boots these days, even without SSDs…

1 Like