Everyone's out of step but me - Cactus's Covid Appreciation Thread

For gods sake everyone here agrees with this.

3 Likes

Yep, but they didnt. So now what? Give free reign to infect whoever the fuck we want?

3 Likes

Let me call Captain Hindsight for help

How can you agree with this while trashing these same small businesses for staying open and their customers who patronize them?

Cactus doesnā€™t get that restaurants and gyms were going to fail with or without lockdowns and restrictions absent massive government stimulus which should have happened but isnā€™t. We all agree it should have come, that has literally nothing to do with what Cactus should be doing. Itā€™s a massive strawman argument. His menial $80/month to the gym owner isnā€™t going to save the owner and he is using that as an excuse to kill fractional amounts of people per day because he is selfish.

Thatā€™s literally what this thread is and Iā€™m quitting the thread because he is obviously either incapable or unwilling of recognizing that and this is a waste of my time.

5 Likes

Right. So why get mad at your girlfriend for doing what the government allows all while supporting small bis and its employees. She like you with your gym use is just supporting those businesses.

Hereā€™s an idea you could give the gym money without killing people if you want to support them. Anyways, peace.

1 Like

I said they are choosing a worse option out of several bad options.

I donā€™t consider that trashing but I guess thatā€™s a subjective term.

Hindsight lmao! Like anyone with a working brain cell didnā€™t know weā€™d be this fucked back in March if we didnā€™t shut down. Itā€™s insane Iā€™m the one being called stupid ITT. You didnā€™t need hindsight. The writing was so clear on the wall that if you didnā€™t know weā€™d be in this spot now itā€™s because you canā€™t read

And itā€™s only going to get unimaginably worse in the next couple of months. I truly think itā€™s beyond our scope to fathom just how bad things can potentially get over the coming weeks

Lemme guess. Economics major yah?

You cant only blame the government when you want to to abdicate personal responsibility

3 Likes

It isnā€™t beyond my scope to fathom just how bad things are going to get in the coming weeks. And it isnā€™t beyond the scope for those that have educated themselves on this topic. I do not doubt, however, that it is beyond the scope of those who work out maskless in indoor gyms or partake in indoor dining to comprehend what is in store for all of us.

You guys are like pit bulls who only know how to latch onto one thing and never let go while missing see anything else thatā€™s been pointed out

You canā€™t hold people responsible while we have such a shit government. You canā€™t ask small businesses to close their doors and go belly up and lay off workers who wonā€™t be able to afford food and rent, just so YOU can feel safer!

Hereā€™s an ideaā€¦ Thereā€™s a vaccine coming out shortly. How about the government PAY these businesses and people to shut down for the next two months? Surely, if they can pour TRILLIONS into big corporations to save the precious stock market, they can afford to this, no? Do you have any idea how many lives that would save? Do you have ANY idea how doable that is? Will it happen? Of course not. But if it did, THEN I wouldnā€™t have much of a problem with all you self righteous pricks placing blame on American citizens who donā€™t adhere to masks and social distancing for the shape weā€™re in

You really donā€™t get it.

3 Likes

Dude, I live in a different country where far, far fewer people have the views you have. Thats why we are better off.

1 Like

I do get it. Iā€™m not oblivious to the fact that upwards of 3000 people a day are dying with 225k new cases a day. You like to pretend I donā€™t get it, but I do. What Iā€™m arguing is what the actual problem and the most viable solution is. You say the problem is people going to gyms, not wearing masks, and not social distancing. Well, of course thatā€™s the REASON. But you are offering nothing nothing in the way of a real solution and instead are just blaming people.

Do you really think other countries that did a competent job controlling the spread of covid have a different populace of species than Americans? Or do think just maybe the way their governments are ran had a little something to do with it?

As an informational aside, I got tested again this week and was negative. The nurse said itā€™s almost impossible I didnā€™t get it after I described our living conditions. I always tried to keep some distance from my gf, but we often were in the same room breathing the same air, etc. This virus is truly mysterious

And what do you think my views are exactly? Lemme guess. You probably think Iā€™m for herd immunity, right?

I think youā€™re clearly not for blaming people for making decisions that hurt others unless it is someone like your gf, who potentially hurt you. You react differently to those hurting strangers than those potentially doing the exact same thing to yourself.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not going to look back in the stimulus thread but I bet I was one of the first who had solutions back in March/April.

3 K a month to every American adult for 3 months would of cost 2.5 trillion.

But that is not what Iā€™m talking about when I say you donā€™t get it.

Do you honestly think I was pissed because she exposed me to covid? If anything, I was frustrated because she thoughtlessly impacted my job and I thought she couldā€™ve been more careful. But I was very clearly mostly pissed off at my boss for forcing me to go into work and endangering others after having been told I was exposed, and it was only after that conversation that I posted about it at all.

But I get it. You guys are bottom feeders. You feast on the thinnest layer of spooge left in the jar and will never forget I expressed being upset at her

Me: We should be very careful not to expose those at high risk

Mob: BUT YOU GOT PISSED AT YOUR GF!!

Me: I think we should all wear our masks in public

Me: Small companies going out of business should concern us

Me: If small businesses shut down their workers could be out on the street or starve

Me: The government has grossly mishandled this pandemic

Me: There needs to be stimulus for the people

Oh, and then the every other post containingā€¦

Mob: BUT OMG YOU DONā€™T WEAR A MASK IN A PRIVATELY OWNED GYM WHERE NO ONE ELSE WHERES ONE EITHER!!

You guys are a joke and this thread should be locked (like a long time ago)