English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

Wolves have deserved better but spurs didn’t give up that many chances.

Glad to be at 7 after three

https://twitter.com/xgphilosophy/status/1560981032148647936?s=21&t=MtoH976hivUQxlELdbEjjw

Should we merge the other club football thread into this one? I feel like it would be better for discussion, at least for me.

• Merge threads
  • Keep them separate
  • Merge the international thread too!
  • Even the USMNT one!

0 voters

So the reason I ask is because I watched this live this morning (bc Reyna). Might be one of the biggest chokes I’ve ever seen live. Dortmund just looked like they were already going to bed. I’m too lazy to look for the other thread.

Also pumped for Leeds/Chelsea tomorrow.

2 Likes

Im pumped for Man U to stay bottom table

4 Likes

iirc Leeds/Chelsea 8 AM start. Is that eastern or central?

I mean , Spurs got outshot 12-1 in a half at home vs a relegation candidate team and their goal was a .9 xG corner.

Corners that end up with a .8+ xG tap in are kind of cop outs. Spurs aren’t good at corners, have two in two despite being a weak set piece team. We know the average corner is ~.05 xG, getting a deflection to a back post empty goal tap in to prove you were on top of a game where you got absolutely trounced in midfield is a distortion.

Wolves will be in trouble without a goal scorer. The MF they started with today is better than what Chelsea or Spurs have, but they make so many poor decisions in the final third. Neto being all alone behind the keeper last week 6 yd out and not scoring was wild.

1 Like

Central.

This is the worst Dortmund team in about 15 years. Makes me kind of sad.

1 Like

Problem for Wolves, Everton, Leeds etc is well…3 teams go down.

Bournemouth are this years Norwich. No ambition to spend a ton of money and stay up. Will go down, then back up again and maybe after 2 or 3 times in the PL will spend.

Fulham look good so far. Some solid performances.

Forest have spent a ton of money. Haven’t seen them play yet, but had them at 4.75 today and Everton got that late equalizer.

Southampton started in 17th with the books but today was a big win.

If I had to choose today I’d probably pick Bournemouth, Southampton, Everton. But Wolves scored 40 goals last year. Only being able to win 1-0 isn’t a recipe for success.

1 Like

Forest look legit

Central.

My pony is Thomas Brolin circa 95-97

1 Like

47ish minutes out!

Well, no Kante for Chelsea, but still gonna be tough for Leeds

Would rather Gelhardt in for Bamford but other than that about our strongest side at the moment. James will have a field day attacking Pascal so Harrison will have to work massively hard to help him. He’ll be fucked half way thru the second half so lets hope James pulls a hamstring early.

MOT

@moderators

Can we merge this thread English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

Into this one?

Done

2 Likes

hype! Leeds look dangerous!

Sterling missed a good chance in the 1st minute, but mostly all United since

Kristensen being run ragged. Not really living up to the pre season hype in any of our games so far

Aaronson goat lol

1 Like

I’m really liking this Aaronson lad

2 Likes

Oh man this is so fantastic.

1 Like