El Sapo and RiskyFlush 1v1 Film War

Is he doing his best Clint Eastwood impression? Or is he doing his best Marty McFly impersonating Clint Eastwood impression?

He learned how to play her favorite piece :)

A delightful movie. Thanks for watching with me ElSapo.

Sadness is finding your Groundhog Day DVD case, and finding it empty.

So the last thing I did to get my undergrad math degree…was writing an essay about Groundhog Day and Ikiru…

1 Like

Do you still have it? What did it say??

God I wonder if I could find it. But yeah found I was one random elective short. So I summer schooled a philosophy class on death.

If you can find it, I would like to trade you for an essay I wrote for an undergrad film history course on the history of noir cinema :crossed_fingers:

at least found this email…

Ok, good. What I would work on is incorporating some philosophical theory on death that we studied in class and using it to support/critique the conclusions about death given by these films. Try and work out a major conclusion about death at the end by tying all of these things together.

Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2009 5:51 AM

Subject: final paper

As I get ready to start to write my paper I was kind of interested in what sort of topics I should concentrate more on.

The basic idea is that both Ikiru and Groundhog Day have the same message at its core, than the best way to live life is through helping others, though they both go about doing this through entirely different ways. So if I go into the cultural reasons for this would it be fine? While they both have plenty to say on death, I feel they both say even more about quality of life.

Ikiru is more about learning to accept death from doing something with your life. While Groundhog Day is saying death is inevitable, and the most joy can be found in helping others, and spending this happiness with others. I guess I pretty much have this paper down, but wanted to email you since you said my last paper did not focus enough on philosphy and wanted to avoid doing that again.

1 Like

I am even more interested now. That’s a good topic. I like how you say they both have plenty to say on death, but even more about life.

Do you still feel the same way?

I think I still agree. But might have think on it. Also might finally have to rewatch Ikiru. Haven’t watched since my college days but thought it was an all time great movie.

But mean it comes it Ikiru it is right in the title

Ikiru means To Live

Description of the movie for those that don’t know

A bureaucrat tries to find a meaning in his life after he discovers he has terminal cancer.

1 Like

Fuck I’m not sleeping on it, Groundhog Day is also about him learning to live

1 Like

Whoever has Shawshank highest on their list wins.

If neither has it in the top 5 you both lose

1 Like

giphy

I own the Blu-ray and can quote the director’s commentary. I hope that’s enough to earn your forgiveness.

1 Like

Bro, do you even own a copy of Different Seasons?

Shawshank stans is one I still don’t understand. It’s a good, real, really good movie. But if you can’t understand why people don’t have in in their top 5?

1 Like

Ugh, fell asleep. Sorry about that. Dreamed I was late to meet a friend for lunch, and got lost over and over and over again.

1 Like

Two legends. I missed that she gave him a shout-out in the credits

April 26 | SUNDAY | 7pm EST

Come one come all to bask in the glory of Martin Scorsese’s THE COLOR OF MONEY.

Roger Ebert had the balls to say: “The Color of Money is directed by Martin Scorsese, the most exciting American director now working, and it is not an exciting film.”

Is he right? Is this a BAD movie?

Spoiler: eight million Tom Cruise pocket shots can’t be wrong.