El Sapo and RiskyFlush 1v1 Film War

Groundhog day is such a unique classic. Lost in Translation is excellent. They will be tough to compare.

1 Like

That miss Piggy vid is amazing

GRUNCH:

Glad you guys are watching LIT first for two reasons:

1. I saw it as an adult so I got it and remember it. Groundhog Day I saw as a kid and I never laughed (that’s a common situation for me to this day tho), so I’d like to rewatch it.

2. Iris wouldn’t be down for this high falutin non climactic crap. I underrate her and maybe she’d dig it bc it’s a love story, I’m not betting on that tho. More likely she complains about the patriarchy w/o knowing the terms and doesn’t get the appeal.

1 Like

Groundhog Day in just a few minutes!

I love this movie. Really excited to see the begining again. Feels like I know the middle by heart, but how the hell did this all begin?

Been to Gobblers Nob twice for GHD. Basically you stand in a fieled in near-0 temps and drink whiskey and then watch dudes in top hats grab a rodent and demand a weather forecast.

TWICE!

1 Like

This thread is just for me and El Sapo to argue about our top 5 movie lists. Though of course everyone is welcome to join in on the debate!

If you enjoy threads like this and want to watch along with the whole community, here is the Mega Watch Party Thread.

Sounds familiar

1 Like

Which thread we using for the watch tonight?

I was thinking we could keep this one for our feud movies.

But happy to merge it with the Mega Thread if you prefer.

No preference, this thread is great.

1 Like

Let’s stay in this one for our feud imo

This is going to be tough. I loved Lost in Translation a lot more this last time than before, but Groundhog Day has never let me down.

LIT is better in many ways and really resonates w me, but GHD is an excellent classic.

I feel like LIT is a nice movie. A very nice movie. Whereas GHD is perfection.

Wholly unique.

1 Like

Let’s goooooooooo

Started!

TUUUUBA

If I recall, they originally had a different opening where the story starts with Bill’s character already having lived for years and years and years.

That would be an interesting intro.

It is interesting to think of how the movie would have played if the entire on-screen story had taken place inside Punxsutawney. I think though that we need to feel Phil’s desperation, and that’s all the more acute because we spent these brief moments in the world he yearns to return to.