Drunk/High/Sober Venting Thread

I think this is probably pretty healthy. No judgement here!

2 Likes

Yeah I donā€™t think Iā€™m going crazy or anything, but the general isolation is definitely doing at least mildly weird stuff to our brains, or mine anyway.

1 Like

That actually sounds nice.

Yeah, I havenā€™t even gotten to do that much lately, and I moved away from where most of my friends are last year. I have some here but theyā€™re much more tight about hanging out during the pandemic than my friends back south are apparently-- which is probably good, but itā€™s definitely affecting my well-being to be unable to socialize.

Oh, I already did that a lot.

1 Like

What up? Yeah this shit sucks so hard. Worst is no end in sight. So fucking maddening picking up some beer from the gas station and seeing a whole family with no masks. Seeing no masks at the gas station just seems to be more and more common. Sigh.

2 Likes

Almost no one has ever worn masks in the gas stations where I live. Half the reason I donā€™t go inside anywhere is because I donā€™t want to feel self-conscious being the only person wearing one.

It actually really is. I highly recommend it.

Before my governor mandated masks (in fucking Kentucky) man I was self-conscious wearing a mask. The problem is, it really isnā€™t enforced. Masks being worn peaked after that, but has gradually gone down. As cases have fucking risen

1 Like

Why go inside of a gas station unless you have to pay cash for gas?

beer

Where are gas stations the only place to buy beer?

Everybody wears masks outside of the home here in Victoria Australia. I forgot one time when I walked my dog and realised as soon as I saw a person what I had forgotten and scarpered home. Now itā€™s just 2nd nature, would feel weird not wearing one.

my wife and i made hot buttered rum tonight. apparently itā€™s about 10 degrees outside so it seemed like the right time. also i only feel good about drinking if it has at least two out of three elements of creation, discovery, or socialization, so that helped get me out of my recent rut of not having those things.

6 Likes

For me itā€™s nicotine pouches. I was ordering them online but the place where I was getting them seems to be having problems and I havenā€™t searched for another one yet. Luckily Iā€™m walking distance to the nearest gas station and I get up early for work so Iā€™ve started going in there at 5:30 a.m. when itā€™s just me and the clerk and he wears a mask too.

How nice it would be for the societal pressure to be on those not wearing them instead of the ones who do.

Right, same here in southern Illinois. Iā€™m sure we still have mask mandates but around here people have pretty much always ignored them. So youā€™re still the odd one out.

Thankfully we do have drive-thru liquor stores.

Day off Phew!!! Alough itā€™s started badly with my team losing a must win game 3-2 at 12 pm Iā€™m not going to let it annoy me to much.

Got the heating on with the steaks in the fridge ready to go, rolling a few blunts for the afternoon and evening after this post and tuning out all day with a podcast of reformed UK criminals Marv Herbert with 6 hours of talk :see_no_evil:

Iā€™ll probably smoke about 2g today as its helps wrt eating all the junk Iā€™ve got for later while I watch the personal trainer use our childrenā€™s play park across the road from my house as his office all day from last weekā€¦ :man_facepalming: As the kids wonder whatā€™s what.

And weā€™ve now got the fireworks going off and WTACTUALFUCK with these bangers, there like molotov cocktails no jokeā€¦ Far louder than the previous onesā€¦ Anyways they wonā€™t annoy me either tonight as my tunes should be on by that time blasting out some classics from the past.

Right, time for 1 more football game before I get in to the weeds of how to get so fucked up in ages, I can start talking to my invisible plants :v:

:smoking:

:coffee:

:cake:

6 Likes

Iā€™m fucking angry! Fuck, fuck fuck, fuck, fucking FUCK!

2 Likes

Muffins.

Is that from that guy in h&f who passed away? I forget his name.