Drunk/High/Sober Venting Thread

that’s cool. mine is always over zoom/google meet. Google meet is a lot better. I much prefer it.

you dating the dude’s sister yet? lol

Nope haha

Weekly roll call. I went 0-11-1 in ufc bets but I did make some burnt ends that look promising.

3 Likes

Burnt ends might be the most delicious food of all time

1 Like

I posted in the food thread but these are fake burnt ends kinda. Chuck roast smoked at 250-275 until 195 internal. Cube it. Resulted in this:

Get your charcoal grill cranking. Coat the chunks with brown sugar first. Then some bbq sauce. Fire them on the grill indirect in the foil pan for 45. Stir every 15.

1 Like

well, i’m not drunk yet, but i probably will be later. being unemployed and unable to socialize is starting to get to me.

2 Likes

Socialize with me my friend.

1 Like

What’s going on? We’ve been watching movies most of the weekend. After Borat 2 we watched Bruno, and tonight we’re watching The Slammin Salmon since it’s the last Broken Lizard thing we haven’t seen.

1 Like

I don’t get lonely exactly but feeling pretty weird this weekend. Got into a Facebook argument this morning on the page of a guy who was mocking people who defriend others for their political views. I got mad for some reason even though I’ve seen it a million times by now and said something about how am I supposed to stay friends with people who defend putting kids in cages? Another guy jumped in calling me a snowflake and in about 15 minutes I provoked him into saying that we should gas all the migrant families.

And then the original poster took the whole thing down when I called his attention to the comment and after a couple people had started trying to gang up on me. And I’ve been kinda half sick and mad about it all day because he cut me off after I embarrassed him and all his friends by getting one of them to express out loud the kind of hateful bigotry that they claim we unjustly ascribe to them.

1 Like

Was Super Troopers 2 any good?

It’s pretty good. I mean, it’s enjoyable, but not as good as Super Troopers or Tacoma FD, or even Beerfest probably.

People like that don’t actually have values, or their values are as hateful as the rest of your post suggests and they don’t want to face social consequences for them.

I don’t argue politics on Facebook anymore, or post anything but jokes and new material I’ve created. I’ve lost a couple of friends who are Good Liberal Men who just cannot help but be condescending, aggressive, and sexist over and over if you don’t love the Democrats as much as they do.

1 Like

You bet AGAINST Khabib?!

I want to stop but I guess scrolling Facebook is some kind of way to interact with other people and once a week or so I catch a political post that I can’t stay out of and then poof there go a couple more friends. It’s all right wing insanity on my feed other than a couple hard lefties who are cool but not real life friends.

I did create a new FB account just for stuff I wanted to post, and cut down from 900 friends to 150. I’d accumulated too many people I didn’t even really know IRL and don’t give a crap what they think about most things. And most of them were either bog-standard Democrat Uber Alles libs or people from my hometown who haven’t voted Democrat since the 50s.

1 Like

Nice. Sounds like a good weekend

1 Like

It wasn’t bad, but I really need to do more stuff or see more people. I feel like my brain is starting to atrophy from lack of social interaction and from all the sameness, from watching TV and drinking instead of spending more time writing or recording.

Omg this. It’s really starting to get to me lately. The zoom calls with friends are getting old. I need to switch up my life somehow but there aren’t any options.

2 Likes

I talk to myself a lot now. Anybody else doing this? Those of you who are living alone. I’m not even embarrassed about it anymore. I guess it’s more like, I speak out my thoughts, it’s not like a Smeagol / Gollum thing.

I talk to my plants if that makes you feel any better. Generally I’m complimenting them or asking them stuff :smile:

3 Likes