Drunk/High/Sober Venting Thread

We all are man. This country is literally 30% decent people and 70% monsters.

I have started drinking for debate prep. I know I posted about this in another thread but I am so depressed with my Mom. My dad is a long gone deplorable but my Mom had seemed to turn a corner with the Covid bungling by Trump. We argued for 3 hours yesterday. She is now fully on board with Trump being persecuted, Republicans getting cancel cultured, Trump having done as well as he could with Covid, Trump accomplishing more than any other President, Breonna Taylor being no angel, Dems being pro-looting, The country is gone forever if Biden wins and on and on and on. It was like having Tucker Carlson’s last 6 months being regurgitated to me on each and every issue.

So so fucking heartbreaking. I tried the whole you raised me to be a Christian and all of these views are the opposite of Christ gambit. Didn’t work at all.

9 Likes

A big fuck you to New York state for not sending me an absentee ballot as I requested…in fucking June!

Thankfully, Federal Write-In Ballots do exist. I have to buy the right envelopes though. You know the ones with the windows that show the addresses on a paper you put inside. Otherwise, I’ll have to pay to send my ballot.

Apparently, I also have to send it approximately 4 weeks prior to the election which is…this Friday.

1 Like

I believe Jesus said to turn the other cheek, unless it’s Trump, in which case it’s okay to shoot him in the face because fuck that guy.

2 Likes

Neglected thread on a night like this! SOBRIETY AND ORDER!

1 Like

I made my first FB posts in probably 8-10 years tonight, and they called for the death of someone and me pissing on their grave

2 Likes

Does anyone else automatically, without thinking, always refill their glass or grab another beer when their current one hits 1/4 full. I’m starting to suspect that habit isn’t good for me as it means I never quit drinking but it could just be the edible talking.

That’s standard practice here. The habit prob isn’t good for either of us though

The question is do I get another right now.

1 Like

What time zone are you in. If it is west of Europe the answer is yes.

I mean, east and west ultimately end up in the same place.

I’m in IL

In positive news my wife and I have had a tiny patio with furniture not able to fit without going to the yard and literally my grill and smoker in the grass like Jed Clampett since we moved here 5 years ago. We finally bit the bullet and had them lay a proper sized large patio and it turned out great. I am sitting in my garage with the door open tonight instead of out there like usual as it is drying. It is nothing fancy but it will make the extra staying home a bit better.

Ignore all the shit everywhere obviously our entire patio is strewn all over the yard.

7 Likes

That’s pretty badass. Well done

We just moved here like a month and half ago. The “yard” is nowhere near all ours but it’s a great view.

3 Likes

If you look close you can actually see a line in the grass where our yard ends.

Wow man that is awesome. Very jealous of that view. I obviously have a tiny yard and it sucks except for how easy it is to take care of.

1 Like

Also I took your advice

1 Like

What is that and what is the ABV?

I have the Jets-1

Vn. Man this game is so bad I didn’t bet or play dfs and I routinely do both on stuff I don’t watch a minute of.