Drunk/High/Sober Venting Thread

You are a smart man. I am not

I literally never bet or play dfs players on either of these teams. I also donā€™t have them on yearly leagues either so a night I could safely skip.

What do you think of the UFC card this weekend? Having one every weekend is kind of nice but these cards seem even more watered down than your average FN cards to me.

Theyā€™re definitely watered down but I donā€™t have much time to watch sports these days and Iā€™ve managed to carve out some good time for myself on Saturday nights for UFC, so Iā€™m kind of ok with any card. I just enjoy the tactics because Iā€™m still learning the sport and I like the way that any underdog can win in a split second.

This week in particular I really like Aldana, but Holm is a horrible matchup. Sheā€™s so boring now and I donā€™t know if Irene is talented enough to keep things off the fence. I bet Holm going against my girl. I actually hope Iā€™m wrong.

I agree. I would rather watch the worst FN card over just about any other regular season sporting event. I have been to two FN cards, both times with great first couple row seats and for the price you can get tickets for they were both super fun. Betting on anything as unpredictable as ufc and that can turn on a dime is fun even when you lose.

1 Like

I passed up an opportunity to see an event in Chicago a few years ago and I really regret it now. Also it was Megan Anderson who I didnā€™t even know existed at the time but now sheā€™s my fav fighter but if there are ever live events again Iā€™ll hit one up in the city. Iā€™m sober enough to know there were too many buts in that sentence.

Any insights into this weekend? Iā€™ve already made all my bets, including my first William Hill bet (meaning Iā€™ll get a refund if I lose so itā€™s WAY bigger than what I normally throw out there)

I went with a group once. A group that included my mother in law who is 70. We were supposed to meet for a late lunch bc we had traveled to where they live to watch it. Her and my FIL were both like we donā€™t like UFC itā€™s too gory. Get a couple beers in them. I found first row ringside seats like an hour before it started for 110 each. ā€œYou guys wanna go these seats will be awesome?ā€ Ok fine. We get in there. My FIL kept saying over and over ā€œThis is fucking awesomeā€. He eventually got so drunk he passed out cold and is probably on an espn+ replay from that event sleeping. My MIL every single time the guys would come out and do the whole shirt off inspection routine would go fucking insane hooting and hollering and taking pictures.

Meanwhile I won every fight until the main card. Bet it all on Black Beast vs. JDS at +220 or something and lost it all on a 2nd round TKO. Good shit.

2 Likes

Lol thatā€™s amazing. I laughed after basically every sentence.

My mom and dadā€™s first experience with ufc was me coming back home and buying the first Connor Nate fight. My mom was like ā€œyeah Iā€™ll sit here because youā€™re home and I want to be in your company but I wonā€™t watch, Iā€™ll just read a magazine.ā€ Two fights in the magazine is down and sheā€™s cheering for people sheā€™s never seen before and has no reason to care about. Great fucking night.

Really sucks that Dana is a turd and most fighters are too, but what can you do.

I think UFC is a pretty disgusting org. Even if you flush Dana the fighters get fucked.

That being said

JUST BLEED.GIF

1 Like

It really is. I think the fighters will eventually figure it out, but itā€™s gonna take a lot of time and a fighter with crazy cache to change things

With that said, the game is over and my beer is gone, so I bid you adieu

1 Like

Here is how I justify it to myself:

-Dana is rich no matter what I do.
-The more fans the more money the fighters make.
-The more widespread exposure the fighters get the better chance to get a better piece of the pie.

1 Like

HELLLLLPP. Nobody is helping me in the covid thread

Didnā€™t i fucking answer you lol

Answering me and helping me are two different things.

And I might have skipped over your answer

1 Like

Also where the fuck you been. Been me and goebs weekday degening

1 Like

Man, I got one of those stupid jobby thingies, and its month end close so Iā€™ve been busy as fuck

1 Like

I just watch the illegal streams.

yo?

I got you fam