Drunk/High/Sober Venting Thread

See, it sounds like, and I may be drunk and going off here, The Man in the High Castle where it takes a few weeks to get there though the barricades and shit.

Never heard of it.

It starts with a 1 and a 6. Itā€™s near a recently renamed street. Recently renovated fenced. You canā€™t miss it.

2 Likes

Sound like a cop to me then. j/k Itā€™s great beer. Not hoppy or anything but just good damn beer. ā€œCask conditioned aleā€ they call it.

1 Like

I have a feeling if I have to make any good trouble, itā€™s going to start with some folks nearby needing some convincing about certifying the right electors. Once weā€™ve persuaded them, Iā€™ll be free (hopefully) to assist in any further persuasion in DC. I believe we can be very persuasive, given our intelligence and passion for freedom, liberty, and free elections.

1 Like

Sounds like I need some on election night. Whoā€™s got the hookup in PA? Donā€™t hold out on me guys.

If occurs to me that sounds a lot like something a narc would probably say.

1 Like

There is a reason we ask for it:

The owners say they donā€™t want ā€” or need ā€” to deal with the byzantine tax and distribution systems that come with selling their beer outside their home state. ā€œThereā€™s no reason,ā€ said New Glarus co-owner Deb Carey. ā€œWeā€™re growing so fast and itā€™s still hard to keep up with demand here.ā€

She and husband Dan have been brewing in New Glarus since 1993. They have no ambitions to expand nationally or globally. Instead, Deb Carey said, theyā€™re ā€œcommitted to brewing world-class beer and taking care of the people who work for us.ā€

1 Like

We need to at Inso0 to ship us some.

I love how you guys just post here when youā€™re drunk and that was like my default mode of posting for months and months

Iā€™m a little buzzed on 2 beers, doesnā€™t take much these days

2 Likes

I almost exclusively vent here when Iā€™m drunk if itā€™s after 9 pm. If iā€™m not drinking Iā€™m in bed by then almost always. If Iā€™m hardcore game grinding I hardly post ever.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Iā€™m mentally prepared for the next few months.

My lifeā€™s going so well right now. Iā€™m losing weight and I seem to be doing decently at a new job and career. My friendships are strong and i dont have a she devil attached to my hip like i lived with for many years.

But this election is gonna suck and the months after are gonna suck and i have seasonal depression that starts in october typically - the 2016 election sent me into a deep depression which i did not recover from til pretty much last year. Iā€™ll be fucking damned if i go through that again but i dont know what to do. Just turn it all off? Dont pay attention? Doesnt seem like an option.

This stuff is just so terrible for my mental health. And itā€™s constant and itā€™s everywhere and fuck trump and everyone who supports him for creating this dystopian hell.

9 Likes

Oops.

Iā€™m sober. Am I doing it wrong?

Pretty sure I will be. I basically stopped drinking when RBG died (this was several months ago I believe). I just felt so deflated I was either going to have to cut alcohol out or Iā€™d turn into that lady chugging red wine on TV. I will probably have a beer every now and then but I am basically done with alcohol. If Biden gets inaugurated Iā€™ll actually celebrate.

3 Likes

Hang in there man. You make this place a better place and I am happy you are here.

4 Likes

Nope this is also the sober venting thread as well as the thread for the sober amongst us to come laugh at us.

5 Likes

Sounds familiar. Do they have one called Begian Red or something like that? Think I had it when I was in Milwaukee about 20 years ago.

I guess thereā€™s no chance you can retire early and do something else?

When I was working until recently I wasnā€™t as bad as this but weeks were 0-7-0-0-10-0-0 (pints and doubles) for the company and laughs but mainly to rant about work and the state of the nation etc.

Now I hardly drink at all and only miss the company.

2 Likes

Always laughing with you, my man.

1 Like

Thanks. Now that Iā€™m sober I think the logical thing to do is just try to have the worst possible expectation of the election and to disable my facebook or something.

But the thing with that is I have some valuable support groups on there that Iā€™d miss. It all sucks. Man Iā€™ve been getting in a dark mood when I drink lately, sorry everyone.