Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

God he loves being in the position to publicly decide who gets to use Twitter and who doesn’t. Just such a massive narcissist.

2 Likes

Mastodon sounds awful

2 Likes

Who could have ever seen it coming

2 Likes

Organizations = advertisers.

Has to be a lot of cognitive dissonance going on right now in the mostly concentric circles of Alex Jones and Elon fandom.

The question about letting Jones back on the service came from right-wing author Sam Harris…

Wat.

2 Likes

Wonder how much it will cost to get your topic Trending :thinking:

1 Like

So, Alex Jones back on Twitter o/u 4 weeks?

So round two is just going to be people impersonating CEOs and politicians and celebs instead of companies. Should be fun!

It’s going to be fun watching him go through all these steps just for him to wind up having a slightly shittier version of what Twitter already had.

3 Likes

I think it’s going to be lumping SJW journalists like Parker Malloy in with Elon incels. Big companies (advertisers) will have their own color.

Will be interesting to see what happens with NY Times, which I heard has 6,000 blue checks or something like that.

3 Likes

This is really dumb. There is no charitable way to describe him as right wing.

3 Likes

I hadn’t payed much attention to him in the last decade or so. I thought maybe he completed an epic grift: Be a staunch atheist, engage in boring debates with every theist out there on Youtube, find God, and then sell shitty pillows and gold with crosses on them or something.

Nope, just lazy reporting.

I can see how someone who said it was a slam dunk to take Ben Carson over Noam Chomsky might be perceived as a right-winger. He’s got a lot of right-wing adjacent beliefs, but he’s not a right-wing ideologue. He has defended Charles Murray on race, J.K. Rowling on transgender, and Ted Cruz on immigration.

If one of the lines of cleavage between left and right in the US is over identity politics and wokeness, which side is Sam Harris on?

1 Like

Ehh, he hasn’t destroyed it yet.

Hmm, seems like Bruce has a very charitable way of describing him as right wing. Is any of that wrong?

You think right wing equates to religious which is so, so not true.

He’s a gen-x, e-dem, atheist that is hyper-focused on religion. In context of the USA, saying he’s a ‘right-wing author’ is a very poor description.

It doesn’t matter, no one has payed attention to him in a decade or so anyway.

I don’t think that right wing is religion although that’s a strong correlation. I do think a person can hold hundreds of left wing beliefs, a couple of right wing ones and not be right wing. That’s Harris.

He has a few really dumb ideas but overall he is clearly left wing. It’s just disingenuous to say otherwise.

1 Like

Nate finally figuring out wearing a hat at least covers up a small part of his hideousness. Good for him.

4 Likes