Democratic Primaries 2020 - With a whimper

There was no complete destruction of any large area of Afghanistan, nor was there a famine triggered by the war.

Wrong. 100k civilians dead in Afghanistan. Like if war on Afghanistan was justified because Al Queada attacked the World Trade Center, thereā€™s no way in hell it wouldnā€™t be justified for Afghanistan to like murder iron81 and everyone else here in response to the war.

Eta: they would be more justified in killing us to the extent that we are a democracy and have some responsibility for the decisions of our leaders.

1 Like

If your answer to the question ā€œwas the war avoidable?ā€ is ā€˜yesā€™, ā€˜maybeā€™ or ā€œI donā€™t knowā€ and you still support it, thatā€™s flat out deplorable - doesnā€™t matter what war.

Intl law does not require zero civilian deaths, only that care be taken to minimize them. Which was overwhelmingly true for coalition forces.

Iron loves killing brown people

5 Likes

Donā€™t give a fuck about international law.

And, no, it wasnā€™t anywhere near true. What we did in Afghanistan was funnel money and weapons to the warlords that we liked for that minute while they carried out all kinds of revenge, clan warfare, and power grabs - and of course we knew it would happen and that it was happening.

Our occasional direct bombing of hospitals, schools and such may possibly have been accidental - though certainly not the result of the kind of care required to prevent such things.

1 Like

Do you have a single take that isnā€™t batshit and laughable? Thanks for notifying me that the 6 month ignore window is up :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Team America World police was a satire. Please let me know you know this.

2 Likes

jesus christ iron

I think its because he hates their food so much.

This seems a bold assertion in a forum full of virulent leftists. Probably I would pull this to a separate thread and expand on this if I were you.

vigorous debate

fun (a small amount; some might say ā€˜littleā€™)

and posting dog

posting

I love (read: hate) how any time thereā€™s a conversation that makes somebody uncomfortable we all have to playact and reenact the 2001:ASO primates with the obelisk and rediscover and reinvent the fundamental concepts of a conversation.

ā€œSo let me get this straight; one person said something they felt, for various reasons, compelled to say, and then another person replied with something they felt, for various reasons, compelled to reply with WAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS HOW CAN IT BEā€

3 Likes

To be totally fucking honest I post online to interact with white people and I certainly donā€™t judge or shame anybody for their particular posting reasons.

This thread sucks, hmm Iā€™m going to read it and make itā€¦worse.

2 Likes

Explain how. You said you wanted a real conversation soā€¦ Go.

For starters, what do the two have to do with each other?

You canā€™t just fill in this meme,

with random gibberish.

And theyā€™d be accused of being a bully in league with the Brothers Bernard.

JFC R U KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW

When you are a dick to someone, they are less likely to join your side. Thatā€™s why you have to post that meme over and over again. To deflect from the fact that your bullshit turns people away.

ā€œBeing a dick to someoneā€ from liberals is the same as ā€œviolenceā€ to conservatives. Conservatives cannot see police violence as violence because theyā€™ve completely internalized the worldview that justifies it. So instead of railing against forms of violence that cause actual death and bodily trauma, they rail against broken windows.

Liberals have so completely internalized the inferiority of the poor and the non-white in ways that they canā€™t even recognize but come out as support for someone like Biden who on an objective scale is a truly horrific monster. Then when some people are dicks to them they say lol Iā€™ll never support you youā€™re such a dick you canā€™t bring me to your side. Snarky remarks are not being a dick. Yā€™all putting the rest of us in graves and cells and feel good about yourselves because youā€™re not the worst brand of fascist. So yeah, thereā€™s being a dick and thereā€™s ā€œbeing a dickā€ like thereā€™s violence and ā€œviolenceā€ and just because the majority is on your side it doesnā€™t mean that yā€™all have any idea what youā€™re looking at.

8 Likes

Imagine professing to care deeply about healthcare, and then when someone says ā€œmy emotions made me not vote for Bernieā€ responding to that with a bunch of memes and lolz, instead of maybe using that information to your advantage for the next guy you talk to.

As for the rest of your post, itā€™s just a strawman like many of the accusations itt. Whether you call it a liberal or a lefty, you can be anti-war, anti-ICE, anti-police, pro M4A, pro GND, pro BLM, and still think many of the bros are childish and counter productive.

1 Like