Democratic Primaries 2020 - With a whimper

Equating intellect and ability with socioeconomic status is a really good look. You should keep doing this.

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/samadlerbell/status/1262042512786677760?s=21

I suppose if you really believe this, then I can see why you’d be excited about the difference between Biden and trump.

3 Likes

Simp limiting his unstuck posting to solely race-science-adjacent takes wasn’t expected, but I’m here for it.

7 Likes

Another well thought out and sourced rebuttal.

I said I’d vote for the woman whose laregest outlier in support was mathematicians vs the guy whose largest outlier support was waiters. I admit to the parochial view that mathematicians tend, on average, to make better judgements about information-laden subjects than waiters. I shamefully tend to favor intelligent and we’ll informed views on questions of public policy, which apparently makes me a class traitor or whatever.

It’s always easier to score points in an argument my simply making up things about the other side. In fact, it’s the standard mode of online discussion and political debate generally.

That said, I don’t believe Tara Reade. She’s a liar and a fabulist. Even if I did believe her, her allegations wouldn’t matter much to me, because the 2020 election is a zero sum contest. It seems like those inclined to support her are more interested in justifying their pre-existing dislike of Biden than actual concern for whether he stuck his finger in her hoo ha 25 years ago. As we approach 100k dead, let us solemnly turn our thoughts to the travails of this poor woman and what a terrible person Joe Biden is.

Just an absolute scumbag. Pure moral filth. And shit like this is lurking just below the surface with way, way more liberals than many people might think.

5 Likes

“Can you imagine what that monster Bill Clinton did to that poor Lewinsky woman? He must be impeached in the name of all that is pure and virtuous!”

Huh.

3 Likes

Ok I’m going to try to take you seriously. What is getting worse? Name the social or economic metric getting worse in the US or globally if we take out the last three years as an anomaly.

The only one I can think of is income inequality and there is some debate if it’s going up globally given the huge gains being made among the poorest countries.

Let’s play make believe. What if Bernie had won and Sara Meade came out with similar allegations against him? What would you do? Call for him to drop out, call for him to make a public apology, vote for Trump, move on, evaluate the evidence and find it lacking?

My point was that your concern strikes me as empty moralism covering for a different agenda.

Those are all related to income inequality except lifespan which is mostly the opioid crisis. There is no doubt income inequality is a huge issue, perhaps the most important.

I don’t know that mathematicians really have a class, but you’re clearly not in the same class as waiters, so you’re not a “class traitor”. You’ve consistently supported the candidate favored by wealthy lawyers, so you’re a class loyalist if anything. Or maybe “or whatever” can mean “or the exact opposite”?

Anything you might have said about Kavanaugh, simp, that was empty, agenda-driven moral posturing, you’ve proven that conclusively ITT. I can’t stop you pretending everyone’s as much of a scumbag as you are; fantasise away. But I’m under no obligation to be cross-examined by your squalid imaginings.

Lol performance art

I always knew Sklansky would have an account here!

I also supported the candidate favored by lawyers when I was a high school student and when I was a college student studying marxism, before I ever considered going to law school. My outlook on politics is much more informed by philosophy and history than law. To the extent it’s informed by law, it’s awareness of the large disconnect between policy goals and actual implementation of the legal means to achieve them.

Lol. The US is a fucking shithole if you’re a member of the PROLETARIAT and not a bougie, elitist, smell-your-own fart Simp type.

But since you want specifics…

Approximately 23 million people are paid between $7.25 and $11 an hour. 42.4% of working Americans make less than $15 per hour. (Then you can pay Inso’s landlord 50% of your monthly wages to pay off his mortgage).

Public education is a complete clusterfuck. Average cost of college for the 2017–2018 school year was $20,770 for public schools (in-state) and $46,950 for nonprofit private schools , only including tuition, fees, and room and board. K-12 has had funding cut so much that schools in my state had to go to a 4 day school week in many districts, all while paying teachers starvation wages. All this for the 26th ranked public education system in the world.

The United States prisoner rate (number of prisoners per 100,000 people) is 737, the highest in the world. The population is overwhelming black and brown (and poor. prolly deserve it) and is incarcerated at a ridiculous rate for non violent drug offenses.

The increasing political polarization (thanks Rupert Murdoch!), idiotic gun ownership and violence oh and Health Care! But you know, gotta make sure we prop up the insurance industry making record gains in our for profit healthcare system. The Health Care system alone is a fucking disgrace and makes me ashamed to be American.

10 Likes

Ok, great, but your point there about supporting Warren and not a candidate favored by waiters making you a “class traitor” was ridiculous. Words have meaning, especially to mathematicians and philosophers. If you think something else in your past makes you a class traitor for some other reason, ok, whatever, that’s not what you posted or what I responded to.

And when I suggested that you might be a class loyalist it had nothing to do with being informed by the law, but by being biased by being a wealthy lawyer. Like if I suggested that coal barons voted for Trump it wouldn’t have anything to do with the act of extracting coal, but with the act of protecting their class interests.

1 Like

So, assuming Bernie is done in politics, what’s the plan now for the just and virtuous to seize power and implement universal goodness? Is it rebirth of the union movement, for the waiters or the world to unite and demand 20% tips, for the dialect of history to reveal itself in the unfolding of the plandemic?

(I support the first two but don’t think they’d get us very far.)