Democratic Primaries 2020 - With a whimper

I love (read: hate) how any time there’s a conversation that makes somebody uncomfortable we all have to playact and reenact the 2001:ASO primates with the obelisk and rediscover and reinvent the fundamental concepts of a conversation.

“So let me get this straight; one person said something they felt, for various reasons, compelled to say, and then another person replied with something they felt, for various reasons, compelled to reply with WAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS HOW CAN IT BE”

3 Likes

To be totally fucking honest I post online to interact with white people and I certainly don’t judge or shame anybody for their particular posting reasons.

This thread sucks, hmm I’m going to read it and make it…worse.

2 Likes

Explain how. You said you wanted a real conversation so… Go.

For starters, what do the two have to do with each other?

You can’t just fill in this meme,

with random gibberish.

And they’d be accused of being a bully in league with the Brothers Bernard.

JFC R U KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW

When you are a dick to someone, they are less likely to join your side. That’s why you have to post that meme over and over again. To deflect from the fact that your bullshit turns people away.

“Being a dick to someone” from liberals is the same as “violence” to conservatives. Conservatives cannot see police violence as violence because they’ve completely internalized the worldview that justifies it. So instead of railing against forms of violence that cause actual death and bodily trauma, they rail against broken windows.

Liberals have so completely internalized the inferiority of the poor and the non-white in ways that they can’t even recognize but come out as support for someone like Biden who on an objective scale is a truly horrific monster. Then when some people are dicks to them they say lol I’ll never support you you’re such a dick you can’t bring me to your side. Snarky remarks are not being a dick. Y’all putting the rest of us in graves and cells and feel good about yourselves because you’re not the worst brand of fascist. So yeah, there’s being a dick and there’s “being a dick” like there’s violence and “violence” and just because the majority is on your side it doesn’t mean that y’all have any idea what you’re looking at.

8 Likes

Imagine professing to care deeply about healthcare, and then when someone says “my emotions made me not vote for Bernie” responding to that with a bunch of memes and lolz, instead of maybe using that information to your advantage for the next guy you talk to.

As for the rest of your post, it’s just a strawman like many of the accusations itt. Whether you call it a liberal or a lefty, you can be anti-war, anti-ICE, anti-police, pro M4A, pro GND, pro BLM, and still think many of the bros are childish and counter productive.

1 Like

That’s literally the first time I’ve ever posted that meme.

That’s why I performatively typed “where’s the fucking macro” as I needed to actually go and find it.

I understand if that part was opaque but it doesn’t change the fact that you just made some shit up.

I also never posted a snake emoji but I did post this:

That and a number of other posts have been my ace in the hole that’s made me well aware that you people have had no desire to have a real conversation with a real person, rather, you just want to vent at a makeshift avatar of equal parts real things and strawmen.

But it’s never too late!

And, like, I get it. Most of you Lads had Liz-1 and Bernie-2 and now neither of them made it. It was so close; after looking like it’d be a Liz v Bernie contest everything went sideways in a matter of weeks. Then a fucking pandemic happened. Calling it frustrating and disappointing doesn’t really do it justice. Being alive can be unbearable and inside all of us is a deep well of pain and sadness.

Fuck, wasn’t planning on ending a post like that but there it is.

2 Likes

I really, really doubt that this is true. Like when you’re nice to someone you frame their views in the realm of acceptable, but not great. When you’re a dick to someone, you’re framing their views as entirely unacceptable. I’d think that repeatedly hearing that your views are unacceptable is more likely to get you to think about them than people just telling you that your views are fine.

Edit: and like as proof of this concept, I’m going to point out that lots of your posts now come with disclaimers about how much you like bernie or m4a or how you disagree with biden on certain things. They didn’t used to have those disclaimers, so people being a dick to you has at least got you thinking about it.

Dude I’ve supported M4A and knew Biden was trash for at least a decade. My posts have disclaimers because many in this forum don’t understand that you can criticize the bros while still believing those things. I have probably a hundred pro-Bernie posts on 22.

And no, I didn’t get to those positions by being yelled at. On the other hand, anecdotally I’ve had many productive discussions with centrists/righties/non-political peeps who like M4A (makes sense when you look at the polls). So yea the question is how to get those types of people to come around.

There was 1 poster in the history of this community (who’s not even here anymore) that accomplished anything by being a dick. So now y’all think that’s the only method.

Which part of being a Warren supporter or a nuanced Bernie supporter or really wanting people to vote Biden over Trump is unacceptable?

Edit: supposed to be a response to Jerry not 6ix

@BestOf

2 Likes

Thanks for making me waste my time looking it up:

Well sheeit, egg on my face. But, that’s it? This was the point of contention:

‘Once’ is closer to ‘never’ than it is to ‘over and over again’ right?

Not if you’re talking about death. Or sex.

I’m obviously not going to go through all of your posts to make sure, so let’s just say the sentiment has been posted here a lot. I’ll happily admit that I remember you being less hard on Liz than some of the others.

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1288864466583588864

2 Likes

Apparently Obama just said to nuke the filibuster

1 Like

CNN: Trump wants to delay elections. Obama thinks we should get rid of the great tradition of the filibuster. Who is the greater threat to Democracy?!?

2 Likes