Democratic Primaries 2020 - Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

It’s reverse sexism, preach brother!

Boredsocial has a read, so bitches must be lying. Why the hell do you prefer Warren anyway when you think it’s in her range to make up a total lie about her colleague/friend (one that probably isn’t even politically advantageous anyway)?

I don’t think she’s lying because of her gender. I think she’s lying because she’s saying something pretty unlikely.

Women are people and they lie sometimes. Putting them on a pedestal for their gender is sexism just like assuming they are lying.

Way to take the heat off Biden/Iraq after TheBern was on to his grifting ass…

I like that she’s got a history of getting things done. I also actively dislike idealists and Bernies a textbook idealist.

Unfortunately this wouldn’t be the first major political miscalculation by Warren this cycle.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanobles/status/1216843797633675264

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmmaVigeland/status/1216826851332689920

Peeps be annoying

https://mobile.twitter.com/mannyfidel/status/1216818114664505349

I really wish she hadn’t done this. There’s absolutely no way this helps her at all, and he loses zero support from it.

Why Hail Mary here?

First the Native American thing, then the healthcare fiasco, and now picking this fight here and now?

The risk:reward on all three of these sequences is all wrong. Hit Biden/Pete for being corrupt and lead in the polls with Bernie in 2nd/3rd and then convince him to drop and support you after Super Tuesday and coast in for the win. That was always her path. Attacking Bernie as a progressive is a fucking suicide mission.

If Bernie loses no support from this he pretty much has no chance of beating Biden.

Either Bernie is lying, Warren is lying, or there is a misunderstanding - those are the only 3 options afaik. If you don’t think there is a misunderstanding, you’re saying either Warren or Bernie is a liar. I don’t want to believe either of them are, hence my suggestion that it is a misunderstanding. I suppose there is a 4th option, that one of them is misremembering the encounter. However, based on Bernie’s public views and statements about a woman POTUS, it seems totally out of character for him to say this.

CNN could be lying. Maybe we’ll see if Warren says something herself.

She did, she said Bernie said what the CNN article suggests.

1 Like

Statement from Senator Elizabeth Warren

Bernie and I met for more than two hours in December 2018 to discuss the 2020 election, our past work together and our shared goals: beating Donald Trump, taking back our government from the wealthy and well-connected, and building an economy that works for everyone. Among the topics that came up was what would happen if Democrats nominated a female candidate. I thought a woman could win; he disagreed. I have no interest in discussing this private meeting any further because Bernie and I have far more in common than our differences on punditry. I’m in this race to talk about what’s broken in this country and how to fix it – and that’s what I’m going to continue to do. I know Bernie is in the race for the same reason. We have been friends and allies in this fight for a long time, and I have no doubt we will continue to work together to defeat Donald Trump and put our government on the side of the people.

Bernie Sanders’ Statement

“It is ludicrous to believe that at the same meeting where Elizabeth Warren told me she was going to run for president, I would tell her that a woman couldn’t win,” Sanders said. “It’s sad that, three weeks before the Iowa caucus and a year after that private conversation, staff who weren’t in the room are lying about what happened. What I did say that night was that Donald Trump is a sexist, a racist and a liar who would weaponize whatever he could. Do I believe a woman can win in 2020? Of course! After all, Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes in 2016.”

1 Like

It’s a completely outrageous Trumpian thing you believe Warren (and these other sources who she apparently brought into this conspiracy) did.

To make your position crystal clear, you don’t think it’s in Bernie’s range to speculate that a woman couldn’t win in America. You do think it’s in Warren’s range to make up Trump level bullshit about her colleague/friend. You prefer this Trumpian liar Warren as a candidate. And you think I’m the sexist for believing her. Is that all correct?

1 Like

From a Warren supporter…

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmmaVigeland/status/1216816306575552518

2nd 3rd hand information be getting y’all riled up for nowt…

Sad UKer says Hi… Don’t be US… :sob:

1 Like

lol, Dems are so fucking bad at doing politics.

5 Likes

It’s bullshit on her part or a misunderstanding. Either way it’s a large blunder that probably blows up her chance to win the nomination.

I’m going to stop trolling but it’s astounding that you allow yourself to accuse her of literally lying based on your own assessment of Bernie’s unimpeachable moral perfection. Do you even need to hear them speak on it before you render that kind of judgment?

1 Like

You don’t understand my views of Bernie at all.

Or your takes are preposterous; actually to be diplomatic, the “or” could be an and/or here.