Democratic Primaries 2020 - Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Back to Bernie VP discussion…

Tammy Baldwin? Don’t know a ton about her besides her wiki but:

Pro:
Woman, LGTBQ, senator from midwestern swing state, young-ish (58 LOL), voted against Iraq War as congresswoman, one of the most progressive congresscritters/senators,
" An outspoken advocate of single-payer, government-run universal health care system since her days as a state legislator, Baldwin introduced the Health Security for All Americans Act, which would have required states to provide such a system, in 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2005. The bill died each time it was introduced without a House vote."

Con:
Early endorsement of Hildawg in 2013 (maybe not a con idk)
In March 2018 Baldwin voted against tabling a resolution spearheaded by Bernie Sanders, Chris Murphy, and Mike Lee that would have required Trump to withdraw American troops either in or influencing Yemen within the next 30 days unless they were combating Al-Qaeda.

“I’d consider supporting Bernie if not for his unruly supporters posting on the internet”

“I’d consider supporting civil rights if not for those unruly blacks marching in the streets”

“I’d consider supporting women’s suffrage if not for those unruly women shouting for their rights”

Three versions of the same lie.

9 Likes

It’s skydiver8 and she’s not a guy.

Another example is how a bunch of people pounced on you about M4A and I think you changed your mind.

Lol at equating supporting Elizabeth Warren or Pete Buttigieg with being against civil rights or women’s suffrage.

2 Likes

Do you really think pouncing on me was the most effective tactic to get me to change my mind though? Because if you do you’re wrong. The human brain doesn’t work like that. You don’t win arguments by shouting down your opponent and being an asshole to him/her.

3 Likes

I’m not equating the causes. I’m equating the bad faith use of that argument to justify a non-supporter’s lack of support towards the cause being discussed. The entire point is that it isn’t about the cause at all

3 Likes

Again, I’m not saying I agree with the ad’s conclusion (vote for Bloomberg as a result.). But I sure as shit agree with the premise (a lot of Bernie Supporters are loud angry assholes who are not helping Bernie out).

You’re just superhuman in handling it? I don’t know what the best way to get people to change their minds is. None of them work very well.

Major con: Is a Democratic senator in Wisconsin not up for re-election again until 2024.

Control of the senate is a long enough shot as it is. A special election in Wisconsin is an unnecessary risk.

“I thought that universal healthcare was a right until a Bernie Bro was mean to me online, now I hope poors die in the street”

10 Likes

Yeah, in my line of work I’m used to dealing with angry and upset people who don’t express themselves in the most constructive manner possible, and I’m also good at de-escalating things.

Compared to who? Like you don’t think I can find an endless stream of vitriol from every camp?

1 Like

If facts, logic, and tactful political arguments actually convinced people, there wouldn’t be 40 million Trump supporters. Why not give toxicity a chance?

1 Like

How about “I’m Joe Schmo, average guy, I don’t usually vote, but seems like a lot of crazy shit is going on, maybe I’d better vote. Wow those guys are dicks, fuck it, I’ll stay home.”

Well, maybe you’re wrong about this to.

My rough calculations of people changing their minds here or exiled or 2p2 show that yelling at people was the most effective.

Because the people for whom toxicity works are already supporting trump.

We should be more toxic to people that say fuck you I like my healthcare you don’t get any too bad.

2 Likes

Her @skydiver8

Hi Jman… There is only 2 OG Bernies on this forum and some of the peeps who gave you grief were not originally Bernie Bro’s.

There’s also a reason to believe that some of these Toxic twitters are not BernieBro’s too…

However I get your points and Sky did take some unwelcomed comments, alough most were directed at Pete.

For instance I’m not a berniebro, I have been accused of being 1, micro too, jeez I think even @anon38180840 got the… Your a Berniebro too from an actual troll berniebro lol.

When a HRC fan commented on the poor being stupid because of gas issues I didn’t rage post, but noted it for future reference. He’s a bernie voter now, lol. So does that mean it was a Berniebro that said it, I think NO.

Bernie supporters are younger by a mile and that accounts for the differences and where and how it is expressed. That’s it. The other camps are ranting at Denny’s and on Facebook.

8 Likes

That’s actually her with Pete in her profile pic? Oysh, that’s such a bad idea to use an actual picture of yourself on a forum like this.

1 Like